MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 264 of 365 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

The guy with a helmet is wearing an SA sportabzeichen. An officer in the cap is wearing a DRL. They all look as fresh recruits as they don't have any combat decorations, apart from some EK2 ribbons on more senior members of the group in front. Hope that helps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

I see two medals one soldier is wearing the SA sport badge and the other is difficult to see for me.

?

I blew up these images and I think the cufftitles may say "Hohenstaufen" judging by the length of the word and the tall letters in certain parts of the word. If anyone agrees or disagrees, let me know .
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

?

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    The guy with a helmet is wearing an SA sportabzeichen. An officer in the cap is wearing a DRL. They all look as fresh recruits as they don't have any combat decorations, apart from some EK2 ribbons on more senior members of the group in front. Hope that helps
    One of the NCO's is wearing what looks like a silver wound badge.Also, a few have black lanyards.About half of the troops dont have CT's...maybe fresh replacements. There are TWO SA sports badges in this pic

Maybe its something else, just take a look at the two to the right of the one with a helmet. Their cuff titles are way longer.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I blew up these images and I think the cufftitles may say "Hohenstaufen" judging by the length of the word and the tall letters in certain parts of the word. If anyone agrees or disagrees, let me know .

?

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Maybe its something else, just take a look at the two to the right of the one with a helmet. Their cuff titles are way longer.
    Any suggestions?

SS Feldgendarmerie or any other non-division identification. Maybe some of them are wearing Hohenstaufen or Hitlerjugend indeed, but there is a variety of cuff titles there.
    Quote by Dean View Post
    Any suggestions?

My two cents on the SS group photograph:

We can tell from the uniform details that the photograph was taken at some point of time well into the war, yet all of the men - even the Spieß (sitting near the center in the second row), the other veteran senior NCOs and the officer - wear no or only very few awards and decorations, and those seen are of a very common and low-level nature.
    Combat-/assault badges of any kind are completely absent, and even the few buttonhole ribbons might actually be for the KVK2 instead of the EK2. (It is often hard to tell the difference in black and white photos.)

All this leads me to believe that they are not from a combat unit, but serve in some kind of rear services/support role. They might belong to a supply column, vehicle depot, maintenance unit etc. The fact that they are posing in front of some trucks and that the group includes an army-trained Schirrmeister, i.e. a technical NCO in charge of motor vehicles (the third man from the right in the second sitting row) additionally supports that.

As for the cuff titles: It is impossible to positively identify them from this photograph, but I agree that they appear to be different ones, while most of the men wear none at all.
    This group could be from a unit not (yet?) authorized a cuff title, while the men wearing cuff titles simply retain those of their previous assignments. (This had always been a common - and eventually officially authorized - practice.)
    Another possible explantion is that this is a mixed group of men from different units, photographed during some kind of training course.

Here are a couple of Luft. photos from my collection.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

HPL, if you don't work for a museum, you should. Excellent knowledge of this era. *tips hat*