Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 284 of 365 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 294 334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Chris, I know, the grave pic isnt mine but I was somehow able to find a pic of it online!

beautiful new Panzer III AusF "J"'s transported to the front
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Bill T; 09-02-2012 at 02:59 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

I'd like to share a few pics that were in a grouping I just got....

- Oberleutnant Anton Bauer .... KIA on June 27, 1942 in Russia. A day before Operation "Blau" was launched. His father was also killed in battle in Russia in 1915. Sad stuff.

The beret portrait shows him serving with 3./Panzer Nachrichten Abteilung 38 (2. Pz Div), which was later transferred to Panzer Nachrichten Abt 85 (9. Pz Div). His grave shows he died serving as an Oberleutnant and Kompanie-fuhrer of 9. Panzer Division. This is all the info I have been able to come up with so far...

The early portrait is beautiful, without adler, and with metal cockade.

P.S.- Has anyone ever heard of a Russian location- Werch (Verch) Samareika??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Great grouping Bill. I love seeing the Panzer beret w/o the national emblem.

Bryant

Great grouping Bill!
    Congratulations on getting this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Could you forward the doc indicating the burial site? Cannot find the places that you mentioned...

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I'd like to share a few pics that were in a grouping I just got....

- Oberleutnant Anton Bauer .... KIA on June 27, 1942 in Russia. A day before Operation "Blau" was launched. His father was also killed in battle in Russia in 1915. Sad stuff.

The beret portrait shows him serving with 3./Panzer Nachrichten Abteilung 38 (2. Pz Div), which was later transferred to Panzer Nachrichten Abt 85 (9. Pz Div). His grave shows he died serving as an Oberleutnant and Kompanie-fuhrer of 9. Panzer Division. This is all the info I have been able to come up with so far...

The early portrait is beautiful, without adler, and with metal cockade.

P.S.- Has anyone ever heard of a Russian location- Werch (Verch) Samareika??

?

Nice group Bill , so good it needs to be in the Panzer section rather than getting lost in here !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Interesting photo and an interesting question!

Collar Tresse in this configuration (= L-shaped, not extending beyond the collar patches) was worn in the Reichswehr era by Unteroffiziersanwärter, i.e. private-ranked NCO candidates who were awaiting their promotion to Unteroffizier after having completed their NCO training course and successfully passed the required tests, while those candidates who had not yet taken their exams wore only a Tresse loop on their shoulder boards.

This practice was abolished as per orders of 5 Feb. 1935; all NCO candidates were now to wear the shoulder board loops only.

If it were a pre-war photo, I would tend to think that what we see here is a freshly-promoted Unteroffizier who has not yet "upgraded" his collar. However, while this type of collar Tresse may well have been worn for a while beyond its official abolishment, it strikes me as highly unlikely that the practice was carried over this late into the war.

If I absolutely had to make a guess, I would attribute it to wartime shortages or camouflage reasons.

In any case, the practice is not unknown. It is even mentioned in Schlicht/Angolia's "Uniforms and Tradtions..." volume on the Heer. I qoute from the German 1996 edition:

"Auf zeitgenössischen Fotografien, so von einem Offiziersanwärterlehrgang im Sommer 1940 in Frankfurt/Oder, bei der 'Siegesparade' 1940 in Paris oder von der Ostfront 1941/42, sind Unteroffiziere mit verkürzten Kragentressen zu sehen, welche am Unterrand nur bis zum Ende der Doppellitzen bzw. Kragenpatten reichen. Die Gründe hierfür sind unbekannt. Mag an der Front die geringere Auffälligkeit maßgeblich gewesen sein, so kann dieser Grund bei einem Lehrgang in der Heimat nicht gelten."

[= "Period photographs, for example of an officer candidate course at Frankfurt/Oder, during the 1940 'victory parade' in Paris or from the eastern front in 1941/42, show NCOs with shortened collar Tresse extending on the lower edge only to the end of the double Litzen, or, respectively, of the collar patches. The reasons for this are unknown. While the lesser visibility may have played a role at the front, this cannot be the reason for a training course in the homeland."]
    Hi HPL2008, thanks for the reply & sorry for the slow response. I've had family down on holiday & been busy.

I was thinking it may be economy with the tresse. Thinking about it wasn't collar tresse reduced/restricted on the M44 tunic? Maybe he's falling into line with this, being just promoted. Possible I suppose,

Cheers, Richard.

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Could you forward the doc indicating the burial site? Cannot find the places that you mentioned...
    It says so in the death card in post # 2832. (First line of the last paragraph on the left.)

The "Werch" is probably an abbreviation for "Werchnjaja" [Russian for "Upper-", unless I am much mistaken], but I cannot find any reference to this or a similiar-sounding place either...

By, the way, Bill: Just in case you were wondering from which of the many Neustadts he was from: "Neustadt WN" stands for "Neustadt an der Waldnaab" in the Upper Palatinate, Bavaria.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Nice group Bill , so good it needs to be in the Panzer section rather than getting lost in here !!
    Thanks Bryant & Ralph

I know it Paul, I hate putting the better Panzer Portraits/groups in this thread....they certainly are going to be lost. Maybe time to work on a long-term thread or something for this type of stuff.

Evgeni, thanks for the help in looking! As Andreas pointed out, the Russian location is on the death card posted above. But I cant find it on any maps/etc.

Andreas, thanks for the Neustadt WN clarification, I was definitely wondering what it was!

I will have to do some research of the location of Nachrichten Abt 85 at the time of death, and maybe I can figure out a similar location? I belive they were just about to cross the River Tim.

Nice grouping Bill
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377