Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 291 of 365 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 301 341 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

These are some great portraits, Bryant!

Here's one I just picked up. I am sorry about my scanning skills. Seems like the very edge is always cut off.

At any rate, portraits of couples aren't really my niche. I specialize elsewhere. It's not that I don't appreciate them, it's just that I feel you have to have some kind of focus and for me it's something else.

That being said, I did pick up this portrait recently. I couldn't pass it up because of the fact this guy is wearing SS tabs with the Polizei green backing. I don't see these in photos everyday, so I had to take it down.

This is General der Polizei Friedrich "Fritz" Anton Lorenz Sendel and wife (posted elsewhere earlier today but fitting here as well):

?

Thank you. That is a very nice photo.

Part of a group of "timed" photos taken over Warsaw which was subjected to a massive air attack by around 1200 German aircraft including Ju-52 transport aircraft which were used as bombers to drop large quantities of incendiaries on the city on 25th September 1939. This was combined with massive shelling of the city by heavy artillery. 25th September 1939 became known as "Black Monday" by Varsovians and was the final nail in the coffin of the defenders of Warsaw. The siege of Warsaw ended shortly afterwards. Some German ground forces were accidently bombed on "Black Monday" as the dense smoke cloud that covered Warsaw made it difficult for the bombers to see their targets clearly.

I think the pilots name and unit is on the reverse of the portrait, but I can't make out the German handwriting?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

The two on the left have "Warsaw 25 September, 1939 3:45 PM" and "Warsaw 25 September, 1939 3:50 PM" on the backs.
    The photo on the right... I can't read the first line but it looks like a rank and name but beneath that it says "Battle support, 1st Squadron (Geschwader)".

"Geschwader" can mean "Wing" as well. I think here it's "Squadron" because "Wing" is such a large entity it probable wouldn't make sense for someone to identify a single aircraft that way on the back of a personal photo.

?

It looks like SturzKampf Geschwader 1 which relates to following Stuka unit , the rank looks like Unteroffizier , the name Grams !!

Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    The two on the left have "Warsaw 25 September, 1939 3:45 PM" and "Warsaw 25 September, 1939 3:50 PM" on the backs.
    The photo on the right... I can't read the first line but it looks like a rank and name but beneath that it says "Battle support, 1st Squadron (Geschwader)".

"Geschwader" can mean "Wing" as well. I think here it's "Squadron" because "Wing" is such a large entity it probable wouldn't make sense for someone to identify a single aircraft that way on the back of a personal photo.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    It looks like SturzKampf Geschwader 1 which relates to following Stuka unit , the rank looks like Unteroffizier , the name Grams !!

Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Thanks guys, very helpful info
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

that's really excellent, Paul.

I thought it looked like Unteroffizier Grams but I felt I would have been guessing.

Have you found his name, "Grams", in the Lexicon? I haven't gone through the whole thing. Interestingly, there is a Hauptmann "Stams". However, I agree with you that it's "Grams" as written.

Great information for the member.

?

Lexicon only does units to trace the guy himself would be almost impossible unless he was an RKT /DKiG winner etc unfortunately !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

still good information for these pictures!

thanks 4thskorpion for posting them.