Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 294 of 365 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 304 344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks for sharing, nice webpage!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Its a Mauser HSC. Great pistol!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bill, here is a nice Russian website devoted to uniforms:

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/i_arm.htm

You can see the suit here.

http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/arm10.htm

As a joke in our club we nicknamed it the "Laura Ashley pattern". As we think it looks like a pair of the designers curtains!

All of these suits are now rare and expensive to buy today. They work really well in use.

Cheers, Ade.
    Awesome site Ade, the Summer pattern smock is the exact one I found when tryng to match up the pattern in my photo. good call on the designer curtain nickname! Haha! The large leaf patter smock looks goofy. Would love to a real one of these in person

Thanks again. This site will actually help with my colorizations as well

?

Hi Bryant, a nice portrait of an Heer NCO who is an Officer candidate.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice one Bryant! Love the cap hes wearing.

Here is a family portrait....Waffenrock, with Panzerkampf Abzeichen in wear, also "XI" shoulderboards. I dont have my references in front of me, and dont exactly remember what this symbol represents....
    I know "VI" represents a Military District, so wondering if this does as well...?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Hi Bill, Roman numerals on the shoulder strap can indicate that, however it is not that simple: they were also used on a variety of other unit applications.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Okay, I think I understand correctly Ade. I did'nt know that. Always thought the Roman Numeral ones strictly represented Wehrkreis'....so good to learn that.

I did some searching and found a few different pairs of "XI" boards, all with different representations, like you said! (motor park troops, Recruitng office, etc) So there really isnt any way to make an ID without more specific info on the unit/etc. Interesting, thanks for the info!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Always thought the Roman Numeral ones strictly represented Wehrkreis'....so good to learn that. I did some searching and found a few different pairs of "XI" boards, all with different representations, like you said! (motor park troops, Recruitng office, etc) So there really isnt any way to make an ID without more specific info on the unit/etc.
    This is an annoying example from my collection that I bought from someone on WAF who specifically collects shoulderboards. It's a single for an Oberstleutnant der Infanterie; he said he doesn't know if the XI is original to it or not. ( I was only looking for a field-officer grade board so that didn't matter. ) If it IS correct, just exactly WHAT does that make the original owner - an infantry officer in a staff position, maybe?

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

James if you post this in the insignia section you may get more advice about it ,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings