Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Some great pics, really like the tropenhelm picture.

Here are my recent pick ups, all Luftwaffe tropical.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

This is admittedly not a new pick-up but a photo which has been in my family since it was taken (it shows a cousin of my grandfather), but since we are at the subject of summerly Luftwaffe members, I thought it might be of interest, especially for the strictly non-regulation headgear:

Great pic, love the hat!

Here are some more tropical pictures from my collection.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Great Photos Franz! I love first one, the guy with the pistol holster is Huge! Hes sniper bait! haha Love the M16 on the cavalry man too.

?

VonBond, Awesome pics!!!!! Love the Luft uniform Variety. I like the boots on the guy in the photo 4th from bottom.

HPL that is cool!!! You are very lucky to have such a photo of a family member. I wonder what he has in his hand there?

Again thanks for contributing guys, Id like to keep this thread going for everyones enjoyment if possible!

The officer with the boots is my only 100% original D.A.K. item as he was part of the original units that formed the D.A.K, they being the 5th light division and the 15th Panzer division

Hs name was Gottfried Muntau and he is wearing the full tropical outfit with 1st pattern tunic and tropenhelm, breeches and 1st pattern tropical boots and officers tropical web belt. Also of interest is that hanging from the shelter is a canvas tropical washbowl. The text reads, oberleutnant and kompanie chief Gottfied Muntau nordafrika, spring 1941.

He was Hptm. of III./Schtz.Rgt. 115 as part of 15th panzer division and on the 16.08.1942, he was awarded the German Cross in Gold (Deutsche Kreuz in Gold) and he was also awarded the Commendation Certificate of the Commander-in-Chief of the Army, on the 05.09.1942 (1181), when he was Hauptman and Battalion Fhr. of I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 115 (it had been renamed as a Panzer Grenadier regiment by this date). This was while he was serving in Africa with D.A.K.

Later he was with LVI panzer corps as IA and held the rank of Major, from july to dec 44 and I think he was with the 9th division at the end of the war.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thats an awesome photo. It makes it so much better when u have a name to research. I didnt see the tropical washbowl, good eye. VERY neat pic. I love the 1st pattern tropenhelm too! I dont own any DAK photos I dont think. You have some nice rare photos there. Would love to see anymore you might have.

Here are some that came today:

- Heer Mortar crew
    - Heer Artillery (taken when it was almost dark outside)

?

- 2nd one is a SkiJager with an MP40. Note the snow bunker in background. Creepy that you cant see his face! ha!

- Neat pic of (some) FEMALE Russian Prisoners. The woman in back looks like she has one of those Russian Budenovka caps or some sort of similar cap

Can Someone Translate the SKi Jager photo for me?? It would be much appreciated since it might say something interesting. (probly not knowing my luck!)

Last edited by Bill T; 03-26-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    HPL that is cool!!! You are very lucky to have such a photo of a family member. I wonder what he has in his hand there?
    If it is of interest to you, you can find some more images of the same man in an old (2004) thread of mine over at the AHF:
    Axis History Forum • View topic - A Luftwaffe career in photographs
    (No idea what's in his hand, though...)

?

I would love to HPL. Thanks for the link, I will most definitely check it out!

Just looked it over quickly, but I am going to go back to look more thoroughly. Seems that he had an Extensive history in the service to say the least!!! HJ, RAD or AD, Heer, luftwaffe etc WOW! Amazing person to be able to research and to have a "connection" with. Man, he looks sharp/classy in that pic of him as Unteroffizier!

Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast