Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 301 of 365 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 311 351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Very nice and sharp pictures! Do you know anything on the origin?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

some new Panzer related grave photos

Leutnant Horst Giebel - Pz. Rgt. 27 - KIA October 19, 1941 - Vorob'i Russia (about 50 mi SW of Moscow)

Hauptmann Hans-Joachim Falckenberg - Panzer Rgt. 1 - KIA 9/13/41 - Dudergof, Russia (very close to Leningrad!)

Through my research of unit histories, Ive found that the Lexicon site is not always 100% accurate with dates/locations....but still a huge help with these types of photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Graves of the 19th Panzer Division in February of 1943 in Artemovsk, Ukraine
    These men were killed in the fighting around the Nikolajevka, Gorchose, Loskutovka areas (around Luhans'k)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Gef. Paul Binden - Panzer Rgt. 33 - KIA 5/19/41 - Krivoi Rog, Ukraine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

The second person was KIA during the battle of Duderhof Heights that was severe (Soviet defenses included marine artillery battery from "Aurora"). Hill Vorob'ina gora (one of the 3 hills of the Duderhof Heights) was dominating the skyline and from this point the Germans were able to see Leningrad (mostly southern parts of the city) and correct their heavy artillery fire. A lot of heavy howitzers and other artillery equipment were installed on the hill and bombarded the city for the entire duration of the blockade. It was liberated on the 19 of January 1944 during a two side assault by the 63 guard rifle division of the 42 Army in the course of Krasnoye Selo – Ropsha Offensive, also known as Operation January Thunder and Neva-2: Krasnoye Selo

Sadly the English article reveals only very small bits about the operation, Google-translate the Russian version to get more details.

File:

Quote by Bill T View Post
    some new Panzer related grave photos

Leutnant Horst Giebel - Pz. Rgt. 27 - KIA October 19, 1941 - Vorob'i Russia (about 50 mi SW of Moscow)

Hauptmann Hans-Joachim Falckenberg - Panzer Rgt. 1 - KIA 9/13/41 - Dudergof, Russia (very close to Leningrad!)

Through my research of unit histories, Ive found that the Lexicon site is not always 100% accurate with dates/locations....but still a huge help with these types of photos.

?

Nice thanks for the added info Evgeni, I havent had the time to research these more thoroughly, so I appreciate the lead on the Duderhof Heights battle. I found that photo interesting because of the date, as it was near the beginning of the Seige of Leningrad. I know the Germans had reached Lake Ladoga very close to this date as well (sometime in early Sep 41). Thanks for the link too, look forward to checking it out.
    Its odd because alot of these have the same writing on the back of the photos, so might have been taken by the same person.

Always welcome! Yes handwriting is always quite interesting thing to interpret. Duderhof Heights are located more to the west towards the Finish Golf.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Nice thanks for the added info Evgeni, I havent had the time to research these more thoroughly, so I appreciate the lead on the Duderhof Heights battle. I found that photo interesting because of the date, as it was near the beginning of the Seige of Leningrad. I know the Germans had reached Lake Ladoga very close to this date as well (sometime in early Sep 41). Thanks for the link too, look forward to checking it out.
    Its odd because alot of these have the same writing on the back of the photos, so might have been taken by the same person.

?

Postcard I just got in the post from the Vaterland.
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Any thoughts on the shield/badge in the middle of the cartoon graffiti?

Caricatures of Churchill, Chamberlain, London, Paris, Warsaw... and Mickey Mouse?

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

My new photo, to share: