Page 320 of 356 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3554

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks Bill that's what I thought so I m glad I didn't! On the other hand I m glad I m learning the layout of the forum! A couple of questions if you don't t mind? The photos I ve posted came to me through my family from my grandmothers estate to my grandmother and ultimately to me. I ve never actively sought out war photography before so I m unfamiliar as to what a "typical" collection may resemble? I know it will vary by the individual who may have taken the pictures but I ve often wondered why my pics in particular have English descriptions #'s personal notes (refer to arows in some of mine). I think total there are 50 some odd images some of training, burials, general daily functions. A real personal take on the war. Lastly a lot of them seem to deal w the Russian front per american involvement yet the ones with the two seated women have different borders and what looks to me like a American trailer in the background? Just wondering what someone else's perspective would be on them? Regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Hi Brian. I also have a couple photos (not many) with English descriptions on reverse. Not often seen on German photos tho. A simple possibility for this would be that the Vet may have moved to an English speaking country and added the descriptions post-war so not to forget the names of his comrades/etc. As for the image content of your pics, they are pretty common when compared to the majority of other albums/photo groupings of the period. Some guys put them into albums, some didn't. It was common for soldiers to take pics during "downtime" or in a more relaxed atmosphere, which is why it is pretty hard to find photos of actual combat situations or similar. But it is also a good thing too, as you can sometimes trace the steps of the Vets service by trying to ID certain monuments/buildings/etc in the backgrounds of each photo! And it is always the coolest when you have any items relating to your family history as well!
    ***Visit the Black/White Photo Colorization thread and get your photo colorized***
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german...ed-113401-127/

Colorizations are Free of charge, however, ANY donations are appreciated and will fully go toward helping the forum's operation. PM for details

?

Luftschutz photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luftschutz.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	523687  
    ***Visit the Black/White Photo Colorization thread and get your photo colorized***

Colorizations are Free of charge, however, ANY donations are appreciated and will fully go toward helping the forum's operation. PM for details

?

Very nice photos Brian. i especially like the bar scene and luger.And again thanks to Chris for rotating. Bill, I like the luftscutz with fine display of the helmet and decal!

I just received some new pics in the mail today. Some are very graphic so I'm not sure if its appropriate to post them here. I will post those in another thread titled, "Graphic ".
    On the other hand I have some photos from the same source that are more appropriate .
    Bill and Chris, I'm sure you will like them! Sorry for the poor images, all I have is my lousy iPad . I'm pretty sure it's from the invasion of France , also there's what looks like an African soldier from one of France's colonies . There's some bunker pics and a wrecked panzer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	524419   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	524420  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	524421   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	524422  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	524423   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	524424  

Last edited by Dean; 06-12-2013 at 10:54 AM.

?

Here's the reverse of the first photo. The one with the POW. Can I get a translation if possible,please?.
    Dean

Views:	14 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	524428  

Dean very nice panzer pictures man. Indeed the ipad is not helpful but sometimes is the only option
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks Chris. I will get better images when I can.

?

Nice Dean! Like the bunker shots

Here is a Luftwaffe Hauptgefreiter training Hitler Jugend Flak helpers on a 2cm flak gun

Name:	Hj Flakhelpers.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	526366  

Quote by Dean View Post
    Here's the reverse of the first photo. The one with the POW. Can I get a translation if possible,please?.
    It's a sarcastic, racist remark: "Kulturträger Frankreichs", roughly "The bearer of France's culture".

?

A nice portrait of a Heer Sanitats-squad.

Name:	sanitats.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	526380