Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 334 of 365 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Quote by Fabe View Post
    here's a great "after-battle" shot, with dirty/wounded/smoking soldiers, tree-branch camo SdKfz...unfortunately, I can't read the text on the back side of the photo:
    It says: "Hier bin ich untergezogen. Hoffentlich kennst Du mich."; roughly tranlated: "This is where I have moved in/ended up. Hope you recognize me."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Slavic text...so I would say Czech or maybe Polish?

?

Thanks for translation...great caption for this pic.!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says: "Hier bin ich untergezogen. Hoffentlich kennst Du mich."; roughly tranlated: "This is where I have moved in/ended up. Hope you recognize me."

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Slavic text...so I would say Czech or maybe Polish?
    The bits I can make out are Czech; like závod = factory, hedvábí = silk, oděvy = clothes.

Thanks for the translation..the seller did say Prague to me at the start of the sale...heres one of the High ranking officials...anyone put his face to a name....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    Thanks for the translation..the seller did say Prague to me at the start of the sale...heres one of the High ranking officials...anyone put his face to a name....
    I could be wrong, but the man behind the microphone appears to be Reichsprotektor Konstantin von Neurath.

Dam your good...thanks for that info...
    Emil Hácha (Presiden Cekoslowakia)middle.. and Konstantin Freiherr von Neurath.far left (Reichsprotektor Bohemia dan Moravia)(this one is not my photo, found on web..
    He was tried as a major war criminal in Nuremberg and sentenced to fifteen years imprisonment for his compliance and actions in the Nazi regime..Neurath was held as a war criminal in Spandau Prison until November 1954, when he was released and two years later died aged 83.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by darrenj40; 06-22-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Both are in Czechoslovakia. Zavod means factory and Odevy clothing.

Default War Grave Pics

Here are 2 pics which have just arrived todayNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Just got a new set of photos, which I'll post later. But, I couldn't wait on this one because the plane identification is bugging me. Someone took a picture of this plane flying over some mountains from what I would assume is another of the same plane. Anyone know what this plane is? It has the iron cross on the side and a swastika on the tail, if that means it's military?

Edit: Is this a Klemm Kl 35?

2nd Edit: It is a KL 35. Here's another old image I found online of almost the same angle. The landing gear is different, but there are other photos online with the gear like my photo has.

That means this was very likely a picture taken during a Luftwaffe training session, as it turns out this is the plane they trained pilots in. And what lovely scenery for it.

A modern reconditioned one:

Last edited by avenger; 06-24-2014 at 01:48 AM.