Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 345 of 365 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

This is a dark picture, little hard to see. Just a couple of soldiers in Belgium.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Das Reich
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

and 5. SS-Art. Messbatterie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Libarius, You have some wonderful SS photos. They really do deserve a thread of their own. Excellent photos from other members as well. cool that this monster of a thread is still going!

Just posted this in LW ground force thread, but figured its more likely to be seen here.....

A Luftwaffe Feld-Division NCO w/ the green tabs.....BUT....he wears a Heer breast eagle, sewn right over the pocket! In my opinion this is an example of the LW Field Divisions' transitioning to be under Heer control. Is he wearing a LW M41 tropical tunic? That's what I am unsure of....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Hi Bill, nice picture.
    He is not wearing a LW tunic. it's a first pattern tropical tunic hence the Heer eagle. I assume due to shortages he couldn't be issued a LW tunic, he was given this one instead and he added LW boards and Litzen.

P.s. LW had only one pattern whilst Heer had 3.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Awesome Chris, this is what I wanted to know, thanks. Even more interesting (to me). I have one other photo showing mixed insig, but Bill P. has a bunch of these LwFD/Heer transition pics. But the NCO could also possibly just be a flak troop switching to the Heer/vice versa just as well, who knows!

My question is....how in the heck can you tell its a Heer tropical tunic and not a LW trop one? Im very curious to this. You know me and Tropical tunics! lol Im trying to learn, as I have found 2 styles in my searches....and am confused. Trust me, Im not doubting your knowledge on this cuz you def know your stuff, I just want to figure it out as Im naturally curious about it.

See, here I found 2 different authentic LW M41 Trop tunics, and one repro that look similar to what he is wearing (collection Waf member: Stian).....so Im not sure how you tell the difference between the Heer and LW M41's??? Or are the tunics the member has, just heer ones, that ended up in LW hands?
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

Hi Bill, Chris is correct.

I know this is hard to determine from a black and white photo, but Heer tunics, when new, are much more olive green in colour than a Luftwaffe tunic, which is much more tan/yellow in shade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Awesome Chris, this is what I wanted to know, thanks. Even more interesting (to me). I have one other photo showing mixed insig, but Bill P. has a bunch of these LwFD/Heer transition pics. But the NCO could also possibly just be a flak troop switching to the Heer/vice versa just as well, who knows!

My question is....how in the heck can you tell its a Heer tropical tunic and not a LW trop one? Im very curious to this. You know me and Tropical tunics! lol Im trying to learn, as I have found 2 styles in my searches....and am confused. Trust me, Im not doubting your knowledge on this cuz you def know your stuff, I just want to figure it out as Im naturally curious about it.

See, here I found 2 different authentic LW M41 Trop tunics, and one repro that look similar to what he is wearing (collection Waf member: Stian).....so Im not sure how you tell the difference between the Heer and LW M41's??? Or are the tunics the member has, just heer ones, that ended up in LW hands?
    Hi bro. There are many differences between tropical Heer and LW tunics. Those are related to the construction materials, colour, cut and details of outside and of the interior such as the lining. Also the buttons of LW tunics are brown whilst those of Heer are Feldgrau.

Now since you are a photo and not a uniform collector you don't need the construction and material details. You just need the right hints to differentiate the tunics with one look. So i will focus on that.

1) First check the flaps of the pockets. What confuses you as i suspect is the pleated pockets. Both LW and Heer 1st pattern (only) have pleated pockets but the difference is in the flaps. The LW have a straight flap whilst the Heer has a flap with rounded corners and pointy in the middle right under the button. Furthermore the LW breast pockets at the lower corners are cut whilst the Heer pockets are rounded again.
    2) LW tunics on the front, have 6 buttons whilst all 3 Heer patterns have 5.

3) The cuffs have a difference. The seam that goes around the cuff is at a higher point on LW than on Heer tunics. The buttons and lining are also different but i am mentioning just what you can see from outside and tell which is which.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

These are all scans of negatives I picked up recently. I really enjoy the negatives for some reason, though I have no idea if they're more desirable than a photo or not. Seems like there can exist multiple photos, but only one negative. Either way, I've enjoyed these and hope you do too.

The next two are from glass negatives:

I may be mistaken, but that looks like an Olympics banner on the far left side of this one:

And finally, what was the real cream of the crop for me, these shots of the Deutschland Erwache standards in parade.

Last edited by avenger; 01-31-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Very nice; beautiful quality!

Allow me one observation, though: The photo of the SA men is flipped.