Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

yeah, the picture is very interesting, i cant wait for it to arrive!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Was able to score another "Hermann Goring Division" photo.

-Luftwaffe "Goring Division" men. Man on right with only ONE LEG and crutches!!

Could someone help me translate the reverse of this photo please??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here are the last 2 photos I will be able to get to add to my Luftwaffe KG4-"General Wever" photo grouping.

-One KG4 man standing in doorway with cufftitle in wear

- 1 KG4 man, with cufftitle and what looks to be Observers badge, but its not too clear. The other man is Army
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

HPL, (or anyone)....is the number on the shoulder strap 73 or is it 23 ?? If it is 73, my question is, Could it be Panzer-grenadier Regiment 73 ? or would it more likely be Infanterie Regiment 73or 23 ? The man to the left is wearing the Panzerkampf Abzeichen....so this is what made me ask. Thanks for any help with this.

Hi Bill, the waffenfarbe on the tunic litzen and shoulder boards is certainly not white. I would say it is 73.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Was able to score another "Hermann Goring Division" photo.
    -Luftwaffe "Goring Division" men. Man on right with only ONE LEG and crutches!!
    Could someone help me translate the reverse of this photo please??
    It says: "Genesungsurlaub April 1944", meaning "Recovery Leave April 1944"

- 1 KG4 man, with cufftitle and what looks to be Observers badge, but its not too clear. The other man is Army
    It's an Observer's badge. The same two men are in the photograph in post # 351, which also has the same building in the background. (They were probably taken on the same occasion.)

HPL, (or anyone)....is the number on the shoulder strap 73 or is it 23 ??
    I agree with Ade: It's "73".
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.

?

Thank you Ade and HPL. I thought it read 73, but the photo was labeled IR23 on ebay, which did not make sense to me as Infantry. I have to stop second guessing myself, but I know that I still have alot to learn about uniform details, which makes me question things. Appreciate it guys

So...I assume this was before they changed the PzGrenadier regiments to "schutzen" Regiments....since there is no "S" on the strap, right?

Oh, and thank you for the translation on the HGD photo HPL, I dont know how you can make out the letters in some of these words. haha And to be honest, I didnt even realize that the man with Observers badge was the same man in the previous photo, so thanks.

A friend of mine is actually in contact with a former member of KG4, and he was able to ID some of the men in my photo grouping. So I am in the middle of organizing the photos and putting names with the faces. I still have alot of writing on the reverse of them to be translated tho, which could help with some extra info. There is an incredible book about KG4 General Wever, by author Karl Gunderlach, but there is not an English version unfortunately
    Last edited by Bill T; 05-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Hi Don-Panzer, impressive, as usual. I just got a few to post. I love this thread!

What's your take on the guys digging in the one pic? Some of them look to be in formal gear.

The civilians would have been drafted in to dig a local defence line around their town. This was a common practice with both the Germans and the Soviets.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Pwny, glad to see that you are keep posting
    Sad to see those dead bodies there.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast