Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Bill i can't make out anything on their tunics. Details are not clear. I have assumed that they are LW coz of the eagle on the guy's helmet, who salutes and reports to the officer. Apparently he was the owner of the photo, based on Andrea's translation. Thanks once more Andreas.
    Luftwaffe for sure, from the Tropenhelm eagle, but also the tropical trousers with the large thigh pocket is Luftwaffe. Interesting tunic on the guy on the right, looks to be cut like a flieger bluse, but it maybe in tropical fabric.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Nice observation and knowledge Jerry. Thanks
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Arbeitsführer or higher is right, yes.

The same type of collar patch was worn by the ranks of Arbeitsführer, Oberarbeitsführer and Oberstarbeitsführer. The general officer ranks of Generalarbeitsführer and higher also wore this design, but executed in gold rather than aluminum embroidery.

The exact rank can only be told by the shoulder boards. Those worn by the man in question are not quite clear enough to be 100 % certain, but they do not look like the interwoven gold/silver/gold cords as worn by general officers and appear not to have any rank pips. Hence, I would tentatively identify him as an Arbeitsführer.

(By the way: He looks a bit like Heinrich Himmler in his younger years, doesn't he?)

Oh, and note the traditions badge for Arbeitsgau VI (Mecklenburg) worn by the officer on the right.

Thank You for the Translation!! Yes, I actually looked into Truppenubungsplatz Ohrdruf Training area....very interesting. Seemed alot of different troops passed through there. Also after looking into Fuhrungs-Nachrichten Abteilung 40, I found the Kommander's name to be Oberst Rolff Gohring, who commanded the news-signals battalion 40 until 1942. Here is a neat link about the Battalion as well as photos of them at Ohrdruf Training area if anyone is interested: Fernsprech Bau

Also, thanks for the reassurance on the rank of the RAD Arbeitsfuhrer. I agree too, the tabs dont look to be goldish colored. And yes, I forgot to mention the Traditions badge in my description, thank you for noticing that! I have seen this badge on other period photos, but never knew the name of it or saw it up close...so thanks. And here it is: RAD LABOR SERVICE CAP BADGE : NATIONAL LABOR SERVICE (RAD) : German Empire 1933 - 1945 - Andre Huesken German Militaria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Two new ones. Just got a batch of 200 or so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

What's the story with this guy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    What's the story with this guy?
    Are those in the right order? The first reverse shot appears to be for the second photo. Anyway, the text on the back of the photos says:

"Juni 1942. Unser Chef und Leutnant"
    [= "June 1942. Our Commander and Lieutenant"]

"Unser General"
    [= "Our General"]

"Unser General / Uffz. [...]"
    [= "Our General / Uffz. (= Unteroffizier) [...]"]

Two new ones. Just got a batch of 200 or so.
    200? Well done J. Are they those tiny ones? I think they are called wallet pics.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Are those in the right order? The first reverse shot appears to be for the second photo. Anyway, the text on the back of the photos says:

"Juni 1942. Unser Chef und Leutnant"
    [= "June 1942. Our Commander and Lieutenant"]

"Unser General"
    [= "Our General"]

"Unser General / Uffz. [...]"
    [= "Our General / Uffz. (= Unteroffizier) [...]"]
    Thank you so much!

Don-they are not the tiny ones, but I got a bunch of those too. A lot have writing on the back.

Thank you so much!

Don-they are not the tiny ones, but I got a bunch of those too. A lot have writing on the back.
    Post some for us mate

Here ya go, Don. These are some of the wallet size ones I just got. The bottom pic with the most writing goes with the 1935 one, and the second w/writing goes with the one below it. Wish it uploaded in the order I did.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Page 51 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast