Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 57 of 365 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 157 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Bill you are amassing a fine collection of varied photos , thanks for continung to post them !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Can anyone give me info on this scarf?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Bill you are amassing a fine collection of varied photos , thanks for continung to post them !!
    Thank You Paul, means alot coming from you! Ive tried to stick to specific Interests (panzer, LWFD, Uniform variants, etc), but it is just too hard. haha. I find too many random photos that interest me, which is why my photo collecting is kinda "all over the place".

?

CowboySaxman.....it seems to be a representation of "Germany's rebuilding as a nation" from help of the German Werkbund, and the showing of Dusseldorf as an exhibition, since all sorts of work and changes had been made since the Nazi Leadership had come to power. Maybe someone else can tell you more.....but I found this link by doing a quick search. schaffendesvolk.sellerie.de - Translator (translated to english version).

Maybe if you posted it in the cloth forum, the experts would know more too??? Pretty neat scarf/table cloth/flag though.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I have been trying to research as much as I can about Der Wahrwolf/Wehrwolf lately actually. That is another subject that I have found pretty hard to get info about.
    Indeed. What little I know about that organization's uniforms and insignia comes from the internet. I have absolutely zero reference material on that subject.

Thank you for the Freikorps reference material links, that is something I will buy when I have some extra cash!
    Yes, Schiffer titles are a bit on the expensive side; but their quality (binding, paper, clarity of the photographs...) is always lovely.

To be honest, I really enjoyed some of the Osprey books. Although they arent as detailed as other references, they do teach alot to people like me.
    And me. For quick, basic information on a given subject they are excellent.

I am grateful for the reccomendations you have already given me, but would you know of a book that covers entire Third Reich Uniforms/insignia? That is really what I have been looking for. It seems like they have a book for each branch/organization....but not 3rd riech as a whole.....which would be really helpful to me. Thanks for any suggestions.
    In that case, I can fully recommend two titles:

German Uniforms of the Third Reich 1933-1945 by Brian L. Davis, illustrated by Pierre Turner

and its companion volume

Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945 by Brian L. Davis, illustrated by Malcolm McGregor

Both are very attractive and useful presentations. The "Uniforms..." title has 240 color illustrations all based on period photographs complemented by descriptive captions; the "Badges and Insignia..." volume has 64 plates of color artwork illustrating 1,300 individual items complemented by 100 carefully selected b&w period photographs.

Both works cover an extremely wide range of uniformed organizations, including Police, Wehrmacht, Railways, NSDAP, SA, SS, HJ, NSKK, TENO, RLB, RAD etc. etc.
    As a matter of fact, I consider these two titles absolute must-haves. Get them, I promise you will not regret it.
    Be aware, however, that both titles can only give an overview and representative information. After all, any single one of the organizations covered would provide material for an individual book of its own.

Another nice-to-have title by Brian L. Davis and Ian Westwell is:

Third Reich Cloth Insignia (Service Badges and Emblems vol. I)

This one has numerous color photographs of original items and period b&w photographs and is a visually very attractive presentation.

If you intend to buy only one title out of those three, you should definitely go for Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945.

About the Stahlhelm photo, I noticed the man wears the standard later-stahlhelm tunic, but there is no collar tabs or insignia. I have compared it to this other later Stahlhelm photo I have, right here and am curious as to the differences (no buttons either). Could it just be a different Year/style tunic? But what about the tabs?
    Sorry, I really don't know. In any case, these two photographs can not be too far apart in terms of the time they were taken. The "Political Eagle" cap badge was adopted by the Stahlhelmbund in September 1933 and what was left of the organization was dissolved in November 1935.

?

THANK YOU!!!!! I really really appreciate these reccomendations! It can get overwhelming when searching for reference material....especially since these books do get pricey. I will take your advice and start with the "Badges and Insig" book first. Thank you for giving me an honest outlook on them too. Very Very much appreciated. Like I said, Ive been searching threads/suggestions on reference material for a while now, because I want to make the correct purchase. So you have helped tremendously. (as usual)

Yes, i figured these 2 photos were very close in time! Just odd he doesnt wear collar tabs. But hey, It doesnt surprise me to see odd things when it comes to Stahlhelm photos anymore!

?

Quote by cowboysaxman View Post
    Can anyone give me info on this scarf?
    Try the cloth forums they may be able to help more than the photo section !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Thank You Paul, means alot coming from you! Ive tried to stick to specific Interests (panzer, LWFD, Uniform variants, etc), but it is just too hard. haha. I find too many random photos that interest me, which is why my photo collecting is kinda "all over the place".
    Sometimes you have to go with the flow Bill and just get the ones that take your fancy, it's working so far !!!

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Sometimes you have to go with the flow Bill and just get the ones that take your fancy
    I agree Paul. More fun that way too!

Got a few Panzermann Photos today.

- Panzermann w/ Beret
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

- Panzermen in Helmets, note the much older Man

-x2 portraits of Panzermen

HPL....I got the badges insig book today, looks very good!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-17-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Page 57 of 365 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 157 ... LastLast