Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 365 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

1. Very detailed Panzer Studio Portrait. He seems to have a sudetenland ribbon w/ fixture bar (similar to prague bar)

2+3. More panzer photos to add to an earlier group---It is the same NCO in all pics with the red hair. Note the goggles on the Panzer-jager/or grenadier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

This is one of the more interesting Photos I have ever recieved. It is a Postcard photo depicting men of various branches of the German Forces. However, on the back is where it gets interesting!

As you can see it is written "Prisoner of War Mail" on the top. On the side is written "Camp 21 Ottowa, Canada". After doing some quick research, I found that "Camp 21" was called "Espanola Internment Camp" in the town of Espanola! This housed German POWS during the war and they were kept in old "paper Mill Buildings". There was a story I found of a German who tried to escape (which was rare because they were treated well) and got deep into the woods, until he ran into a Grizzly Bear......he was so scared that he returned to the camp and turned himseld in. haha! I thought the title of the camp was fitting "Espanola" and the Luftwaffe man on the left is wearing a Spanish Cross! I just learned that German POWs in Canada were allowed to keep there rank/insignia on the uniforms, ONLY if the uniforms were kept clean, and in tip top shape. Once the uniforms got dirty or torn, they were given "Camp/work clothes" which had a big red circle on the back of the shirts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by Bill T; 06-18-2011 at 08:58 AM.

?

A couple StuG family portraits. His shoulderboard looks to have the number "2" on it. So, I need to look at this closer.

A couple of Very detailed portraits and a No-Decal Helmet portrait

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    1. Very detailed Panzer Studio Portrait. He seems to have a sudetenland ribbon w/ fixture bar (similar to prague bar)
    It definitely is the Prague Castle Bar. [Spange "Prager Burg"]

I dont want to cover Chris's awesome album photos up, but I also got a few in the mail to share today. I really cant wait to see more of those albums Chris!

Here is a cool Fallschirmjager photo of my favorite badge in wear....Luft GAB, PARA Badge, EK1, wound, and Flak Badge!! A Paratrooper Flak man!
    Excellent photo of that man with all those awards. I love the GAB too.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I KNOW!!! Wow Ned, looks exactly like the class! Enough to send chills!

Chris, these must be AMAZING albums judging from the pics already. Youre very lucky to have obtained these man, Congratualtions. Do the albums have any writing that would ID the Panzer Regiment/unit or anything? I cant make it out, but it looks like there is writing on the shoulder board on the last dress tunic pic. It could say something about a "Schutzen Regiment" since Pz Grenadier Regiments were changed to Schutzen Regiments.
    Mate this is the best shot i can take of the boards. I can't make it out. I need a good magnifying glass. Some of the albums have small pictures and i loose the details. The buttons of the boards, in the photo with the rock and the other one wearing the helmet, have the number ''2''.

Here are some more photos of the 1st album which i started to post yesterday. Some photos may seem boring but i'll post every single one so be patience for the better ones guys

Hi Chris, I can make out the details on the shoulder strap either. But a number 2 on the button denotes he was in the 2nd Kompanie.

Cheers, Ade.

Also i'm posting them in pairs as this way they upload faster. When i upload a bunch of them it takes for ever. Maybe is my internet speed or the fact that my pc is connecting on the router through wifi.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, I can make out the details on the shoulder strap either. But a number 2 on the button denotes he was in the 2nd Kompanie.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks buddy. I hope we can find more pictures on the way that will help us find out the unit/regiment.

Page 59 of 365 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast