Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 365 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Is that a cooking device? At first look it seems like a canon lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Is that a cooking device? At first look it seems like a canon lol
    Yes; it's a field kitchen, colloquially/jokingly referred to by German soldiers as a Gulaschkanone [= Goulash Cannon] because of its visual appearance when it was towed with the chimney stowed horizontally.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.

?

Thanks HPL, I misidentified the bergmutze for sure! The guy with the TDB really looked like he had a Bergmutze on to me, but I see now they are M43s. But I did know that M36 tunics have dark green collars, but it seemed like every pic I see of GJ, they are wearing M36s. lol. But thanks for helping me out. Ive had that photo for a while and it was labeled GJ when purchased, so I always had it in the GJ section of my albums until I realized it last night that they werent. I also never realized the TDB until last night either!! Thanks again for setting me straight

?

Chris, awesome pics. I really like the Photo with the soldats with Helmet bands and gasmask cannisters that are sitting on the truck. Chris, my only guess on the different numbers of shoulderboards is that it was a different unit/regiment that was stationed with the 34th at the time.??

That was interesting about the "Sound Ranging batterie". I have only ever heard these types of things when talking about Flak and Artillery units before. And thanks for the correcting my naming of "schallmessbatterie"! Good to know that it was part of the 34 IR too. So these Beob. Abt. are permanent components of the IR just like similar detatchments.

?

Bill and Andreas thanks for the info. I read the link you provided Andreas, it was very useful as i had no idea what is a sound ranging unit.
    Check the boards on these photos. Why are the numbers different since they are from the same unit?
    Chris, check this out. I could be wrong, but the number on the Shoulderboard of the other soldier looks to be "70". According to Lexicon Der Wehrmacht, the 34th ID was grouped with Artillerie Regiment 70 throughout alot of there actions.

www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanteriedivisi onen/34ID-R.htm - Translator

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Chris, check this out. I could be wrong, but the number on the Shoulderboard of the other soldier looks to be "70". According to Lexicon Der Wehrmacht, the 34th ID was grouped with Artillerie Regiment 70 throughout alot of there actions.

www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanteriedivisi onen/34ID-R.htm - Translator
    Well it looks like a reverse (upside down) ''02'' to me i have no idea. Maybe Andreas could help here (also, as always)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Well it looks like a reverse (upside down) ''02'' to me.
    No, it is a "70". The embroidered "7" on shoulderboards really did look a lot like an upside down "2"; look at some of the examples here: Uniforms of the Wehrmacht

A line up for lunch and a nice landscape

Thanks Andreas. So this guy had changed units over time?

Anyone knows what is this building?

Page 69 of 365 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast