Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Check out the visor caps. Some have the Army eagle and wreath cockade while others have the old reichswehr style visors. Whats up with this?? Were officers/NCOs the only ones who were issued the new caps at this time or sumthin?
    Actually, all the uniforms and caps in the photograph are Reichswehr-era; the difference in caps is not really a question of old-vs-new, but rather of different categories of headgear: The officers, NCOs and NCO candidate in the front row wear the Dienstmütze [service cap] while the privates behind them wear the Feldmütze [field cap].

I don't know whether these old-model field caps were ever worn with the cap eagle (I have never seen a photograph of it, anyway), but if it happened, it could have only been for a short transitional period. The Hoheitsabzeichen [national insigne] as a breast- and cap eagle was introduced with an order of February 1934 and a new type of field cap for enlisted men (in the sidecap / Schiffchen form) was already introduced with an order of the following month.

Oh, and by the way: A very nice group photo!
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Keep the pics coming guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Thank You HPL! This makes sense. I appreciate the answer and info. Very interesting to know. Its funny, because even "stahlhelm" caps came into my mind when I saw these feldmutzes. I know they wore them in Reichswehr, but I thought they usually had 2 cockades. But I now know differently. So thanks.

GdPwny: Nice photos! I particularly like the gasmask photo. The other one is a nice MG training pic

?

couple 2nd style Piths in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

1st photo of Feldwebel is dated April 1945. I really like this one for sum reason

2nd: Haircut Time!
    3: Army comrades, one with HJ prof badge

?

1. Soldat in winter gear in Russland (one of my favs)
    2. luft man in overalls/fur cap and Heated Flight boots
    3. luft NCO with Spanish Cross
    4. skijagers, one with MG34 in russland

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

I know they wore them in Reichswehr, but I thought they usually had 2 cockades.
    On the service caps, yes; those had the national and the state cockade. The field caps sported the state cockade only.
    Two more examples of these caps in wear (My grandfather is on the left in first photo and in the middle in the second one):

?

This photo is interesting. It was titled "Luftwaffe Panzer man" when bought. The uniform is very dark , at least darker than usual. Does anyone think it is a Luft-Panzer man? I dont know what to think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

[QUOTE=HPL2008;271800]On the service caps, yes; those had the national and the state cockade. The field caps sported the state cockade only.
    Two more examples of these caps in wear (My grandfather is on the left in first photo and in the middle in the second one):

Thats awesome HPL! Thank you for teaching me that. I love the photos by the way, they are great

This photo is interesting. It was titled "Luftwaffe Panzer man" when bought. The uniform is very dark , at least darker than usual. Does anyone think it is a Luft-Panzer man? I dont know what to think
    Sorry, but he's definitely not a tanker. The jacket is clearly in the usual Fliegerbluse cut, not in the cut of the black Panzer crew's jacket. (Note the cut of the collar and the presence of side pockets.) The insignia (type of collar patches, lack of a cuff title) don't match the tank crews of the "Hermann Göring" formations either.

Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast