'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'
In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.
Than you Andreas and Ned
Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377
I know Ive been slacking lately on the photos, but this should be a good week.
-Tropical soldier with foreign boys
- Panzer with turretnummer 301 (still looking into unit ID)
- 79th Infanterie Division in Volgograd, Stalingrad winter!!
- Xmas party?
- Army and Luft men pose w/ specialist patches
-Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge in Wear! M43 caps
- Funeral Procession w/ sashes. Foggy day!
- DRK Red cross group photo (early)
- Fire/Police?? Some with Luftschutz Helmets it looks like
- Unidentified Photo....MG34 and bandoliers, but Black tunics w/out insignia??
- Soldat with Hund! (looks like Polizei cap)
- Decorated Vets with WW1 badges (just noticed a Zoll man in there too!)
- Hitler Jugend boy with Flak helper patch
Last edited by Bill T; 06-28-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Luftwaffe man with unkown badge. Para Badge maybe??? Air Gunner??? I cant tell
Last edited by Bill T; 06-28-2011 at 03:32 AM.