Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

KSH
    ?

Default Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 1

Finally I am going to share with you a photo album that belonged to a member of the Allgemeine-SS who also served as a post man in the early thirties in southern Germany probably. Roughly half of the album is comprised of photos from his post service I believe. There are many things I am not sure of with these photos, but I hope to get some informed opinions on these questions from members here The other half shows his service as a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (The Berghof), Hitler's property in 1933 according to my information.

According to the dealer I acquired this from, this man served in Standarte 43 (he based this solely on the photos), I. Sturmbann. The "1" on the cuffband is clearly visible on photos, but personally I think the collar insignia are more likely to say "34" instead of "43". I'm not sure on this either.

I will not post all photos in one post, I shall post them in parts rather. If anyone have any information on what they see in these photos just scream out. We can't have too much information on these things.

HPL2008/Andreas: feel free to comment on every single photo if you have something to contribute, which usually is the case

- Kenneth

I will post all photos in the correct order as found in the album:

#1:

#2: (might this somehow be Hitlerjugend and SS-related? The son of the original owner of this photo album served in the LSSAH. Might he be pictured here?

#3:

#4: (are these post men with rifles!?)

#5:

#6:
    Last edited by KSH; 07-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks for sharing Ken. A few every day will keep the interest of members and also more time to enjoy them. I noticed that when i see a lot of photos posted at once some slip out of my attention.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

KSH
    ?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Ken. A few every day will keep the interest of members and also more time to enjoy them. I noticed that when i see a lot of photos posted at once some slip out of my attention.
    I completely agree. It will also be easier to discuss them like this, Chris. You have a lot to look forward to I also will not point out who in the photos is the original owner of the album, as this will become more and more evident as we go along.

- Kenneth

Hehe i have ''given away'' my panzerjager owner of the albums i got recently. I didn't think of it this way.
    I will get some photos and start posting the 2nd album.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

My favorite photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Default Re: Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 1

Quote by KSH View Post
    According to the dealer I acquired this from, this man served in Standarte 43 (he based this solely on the photos), I. Sturmbann. The "1" on the cuffband is clearly visible on photos, but personally I think the collar insignia are more likely to say "34" instead of "43". I'm not sure on this either.
    The 34th Standarte was headquartered in Munich (Upper Bavaria), while the 43rd was headquartered at Glatz and later Frankenstein (yes, the place is really called that), both in Lower Silesia. If he served in Southern Germany, the 34th makes more sense.
    An Arabic "1" on the cuff title would have identified his Sturm (company), not his Sturmbann (battalion).

Quote by KSH View Post
    #2: (might this somehow be Hitlerjugend and SS-related? The son of the original owner of this photo album served in the LSSAH. Might he be pictured here?
    Hitlerjugend is right. (More precisely, the boys are from the Deutsches Jungvolk.) No SS personnel present.

Quote by KSH View Post
    #4: (are these post men with rifles!?)
    Nr. 3 Definitely shows Postal officials. I am not 100% certain on ## 4 through 6, but they might be early Postschutz (Postal Protection) personnel.
    The Postschutz was raised in 1933, which matches the time frame here, but I have no reference material on their early uniforms and insignia.

KSH
    ?

Thank you very much Andreas! I didn't even know that a Postschutz had existed. Sounds very reasonable. I will soon post part 2 of the album and I am already looking forward to hearing from you about these photos also

- Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Default Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 2

#7:

#8: (Am I reaching here, or are these in fact early SS and not simply SA men, before the black uniform was introduced for the SS sometime in 1932?)

#9:

#10:

#11:

#12:

#13:

I will post part 3 tomorrow.

?

I agree HPL, I would say they are early Postschutz. There are some good shots of some early Postschutz uniforms here: Photo Postschutz ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    It seems as if they were regular Postal men/women, they would wear Navy Blue. Great Pics Kenneth! Cant wait to see more!

Wanted to share this Panzer Portrait w Beret. Looks like "66" on the boards, but doesnt make much sense. Will have to do some research later. Any opinions on other possibilities? (16?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

thats some awsome photos ken

Page 78 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast