Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks HPL, I know nothing about Luft Tankers.....I knew it was a fliegerbluse and obviously not a black panzer wrap, but it did look rather dark (especially compared to the Army uni of course). To be honest, Im not too familiar with what a Luft tanker would wear. But it was indeed labeled as Luftwaffe Panzerman on the sellers website, which made me want to ask for opinions. I think it could just look dark because of the house behind him maybe?

Anyway, heres a cool Army group photo with one wearing camo trousers and one w/ an AFRIKA cufftitle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    To be honest, Im not too familiar with what a Luft tanker would wear.
    The Luftwaffe's armored units adopted the black Panzer uniform of the Heer, but with different insignia.
    Please see here for some period images:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YYMeAu4i7g...s-rare-014.jpg
    http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin...-hg-panzer.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/...6c5454a8c2.jpg
    http://www.wwii-collectibles.com/Mer...001/grp204.jpg

This is a reenactor photograph, but it is an accurate recreation:
    http://www.freewebs.com/dannyhg/hgpanzer.jpg

?

oh ok, So they did wear the regular black panzer uniform then! To be honest the only Luft Armoured Units Ive personally ever read about have been the HG divsion. I wonder why the heck the guy would even think it was a Luft panzer/armoured man when he is obviously in fleigerbluse? I got it from ww2germanphotos.com where it was labeled as such. I usually dont pay much attention to titles, but this one caught my attention since I had never seen this before and never knew any other Tanker/armoured uni other than the Grey StuG, black panzer wraps/ and HG uniforms etc. It was only $1, so I figured it was worth a question here since I didnt know anything about it. Thanks for the links, very neat images they show there, even the reanactor HGD man.

Heres the link: 31st row from the bottom is the photo
    RECENTLY SOLD

This is what it is labeled under:
    2 LUFTWAFFE SOLDIERS AND THEIR GIRLFRIENDS: 1 SOLDAT LOOKS TO BE LUFTWAFFE PANZER

Hi Bill, it is a nice image and the slightly dark looking shade to the uniform in the photo has made the seller mistakenly id the uniform. But at $1 who cares! Nice buy.

Hi HPL, I really like the images of your Grandad. Very rare cap shown.

Cheers, Ade.

?

haha thanks Ade, but I should have personally picked up on that being an ordinary fleigerbluse. But Im no expert and still have alot to learn, so I figured I was seeing something I had never seen before when the seller titled it like that! haha. Good thing HPL keeps me in line tho! And I agree, those pics of his Grandfather are really neat.

Thanks, Ade and Bill, glad you like them!

By the way, from his promotion dates and the rank insignia worn in the photographs I can date the two above images to the period from 1 Oct. 1934 (= promotion date to Gefreiter with the 20th Infantry Regiment at Passau) to 1 Oct. 1935 (= promotion date to Unteroffizier with transfer to the 62nd Infantry Regiment at Landshut). Here are two more you might like.

Posing in front of a vehicle of the Reichspost (Note bicycle on roof!), he is on the right:

A drum corps group picture. Unfortunately, this is a small and rather grainy photograph, but somehow I like it for its casual mood and some details like the arrangement of the stacked drums and mace. It again shows the combination of service cap (worn by the NCO/bandmaster) and field caps (worn by the other ranks/drummers):

Super images! Thanks for sharing them. I would love to own one of those caps. Almost like a WW1 British cap in design.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Awesome HPL!! I really like the Drummer Corps photo as well. The Bandmaster really stands out with his tassles on the swallows and the NCO/Officer service cap. I really do like the looks of the older feldmutze, its simple yet stylish IMO. I know you have showed me most of your relatives photos, but I would love to see anymore that you have of your grandfather in particular.

Just to let you know HPL, the man in the front left row in my group photo ended up being someones Grandfather!! He PMed me from WAF! haha I couldnt believe it. He sent me photos of his grandfather, and it most certainly looks like him. he joined the reichswehr in 1928 and was an NCO in Stab 2. Kraftfahr-Abteilung until 1934. After that the unit was renamed the 12. Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung. It sure looks like him, so I told him If he really thinks its his grandfather, I would give him the photo since it means more to him obviously. I just thought that was amazing. (if it is him!) Thats just one of those things that makes this hobby so geat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Hello guys. I have found some time today and took some pictures of my photos. This is a lot i purchased recently from an old man from Germany. His father was a medic in KM and these are some photos he had from his unit and friends. The photos had been taken in Odessa, Crimea and other places. If you can read German the reverse side of the photos will be helpful. I'll post them one by one with their reverse side in order to be in pairs and not get mixed up.

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 8 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast