Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 365 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 184 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Thanks man. I hear ya, I actually took a little break myself.....but Im startin up again. haha Hope to see sumthin from you soon my friend!
    Here ya go. Just took a look at a few from the 200 or so I just got.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 6 (last part)!

Quote by KSH View Post

I hope everybody have enjoyed these photos as much as I have myself.

- Kenneth
    I Liked the album alot

KSH
    ?

Honestly Kenneth, I dont know much about Postal Uniforms. I always thought Reichspost Uniforms were almost a Navy Blue color, but not too sure about this early period. Our guy seems to be wearing a Reichspost cap, but collar tabs look to be postschutz to me. Then again, early Reichspost tabs had "star" insignias on them and it is hard to tell. So I dont know what to think. I do like the last photo with him in the motorcycle pants tho! Hopefully HPL or someone can give us a precise answer?

Just for info, this is what I think of when I hear Reichspost tunic: The Collector's Guild

Oh, and I absolutely agree with your decision to watermark your photos. Like you, I also place my watermark in spots where it doesnt take away from the image!

Also, is that Eva wearing the french looking black cap in the Hitler photos?
    Yes, I'm also hoping that Andreas will be able to shed some light onto these questions as I just don't know.

On the photo with Hitler: I really can't say if the woman in the foreground is Eva or not. But the little we can see of her facial profile doesn't rule it out for me at least. Eva Braun had a very characteristic nose which is IMO very compatible with the facial profile of the woman in the foreground. Then there's the fact that the woman in question seems to me at least to be walking in front of Hitler as if she was with Hitler, turning to wave at the spectators. Notice also that the SS-man closest to this woman seems IMO to be perfectly comfortable with her standing where she is, and he is more focused on the people pressing in from the side towards Hitler. Of course this is all circumstantial evidence which easily can be misinterpreted. The woman could just be one of the bystanders, however I don't feel that she is just that. If it is Eva I'm sure Hitler himself urged her to dress in a "very respectable manner" - I guess she preferred herself the modern clothing of an adventurous young woman instead (at least that's my total impression from all photos I have seen of her)

Any thoughts anyone on the Eva Braun possibility?

- Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 6 (last part)!

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    I Liked the album alot
    I'm glad you did, Patrick!

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    Is this his standard post outfit we are seeing here with these dark collar tabs?)
    The man in the 2nd to last photo sure looks to have Postschutz tabs and you can just barely see the sleeve patch on the upper left arm too. Check out the trousers tho!?
    Quote by KSH View Post
    In your opinion Bill, is our man always depicted around Haus Wachenfeld and on his motorcycle in a Postschutz uniform as opposed to the standard Reichspost uniform?
    I always thought Reichspost Uniforms were almost a Navy Blue color, but not too sure about this early period. Our guy seems to be wearing a Reichspost cap, but collar tabs look to be postschutz to me.
    The uniform worn by our man around Haus Wachenfeld (apart from those photos where he's in his SS uniform, of course) is definitely not Postschutz, but Reichspost. Apparently, the tunics - at least early ones - were of a lighter shade than the caps (example of a closed-collar model: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...5&d=1199829677 ), although his one appears to be particularly light-colored. Maybe a faded, washable summer tunic?

I always thought Reichspost Uniforms were almost a Navy Blue color, but not too sure about this early period. Our guy seems to be wearing a Reichspost cap, but collar tabs look to be postschutz to me. Then again, early Reichspost tabs had "star" insignias on them and it is hard to tell.
    The Reichspost wore dark blue collar patches with orange outer piping. Originally, five-pointed rank "stars" were used. (Example: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...4&d=1199830464 ) These were later (1939, if I recall correctly) replaced by rank "pips". (Example: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...3&d=1199830464 )

Just for info, this is what I think of when I hear Reichspost tunic: The Collector's Guild
    Sorry, Bill, but no matter how the photograph is labelled; this is most definetely not a Reichspost uniform. The Reichspost did neither use tunics of this cut nor did they wear cross-straps, collar Litzen or shoulderboards. The cap eagle is also not the Reichspost pattern.

Also, is that Eva wearing the french looking black cap in the Hitler photos?
    Quote by KSH View Post
    Any thoughts anyone on the Eva Braun possibility?
    It's not her, if you want my opinion. Anyway, I find the photo interesting for another reason: Like the album's owner in a previous photograph, the Allgemeine SS men seen in this image wear pistol holsters. This was not standard practice for A-SS personnel and seems to reinforce the theory that in these early days, the local A-SS unit was actively engaged in security duty for Hitler while he stayed at Haus Wachenfeld. (Soon after, all such tasks would certainly have been taken over by the LSSAH.)

Quote by KSH View Post
    I am happy to share these photos, and I hope that my watermarking of the photos doesn't ruin the experience of seeing them. I of course have my reasons for doing this, but I have watermarked every single photo individually to ensure that no interesting details are lost to you all.
    The practice of watermarking photographs is perfectly understandable and I really appreciate the way you do it in terms of the watermark's look, its translucent quality and the individual placement in areas where it doesn't cover relevant details. Sometimes you see photographs that have been "watermarked" by a multitude of bright-red, criss-crossing, shaky lines and doodles and that really ruins an image for me.

Hi guys i lost a few episodes but i caught up now. I liked the album too, thanks for the contribution Kenneth. Pwny thanks for sharing, 200 ha? So you have a lot to post now.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

KSH
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The uniform worn by our man around Haus Wachenfeld (apart from those photos where he's in his SS uniform, of course) is definitely not Postschutz, but Reichspost. Apparently, the tunics - at least early ones - were of a lighter shade than the caps (example of a closed-collar model: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...5&d=1199829677 ), although his one appears to be particularly light-colored. Maybe a faded, washable summer tunic?

The Reichspost wore dark blue collar patches with orange outer piping. Originally, five-pointed rank "stars" were used. (Example: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...4&d=1199830464 ) These were later (1939, if I recall correctly) replaced by rank "pips". (Example: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...3&d=1199830464 )

Sorry, Bill, but no matter how the photograph is labelled; this is most definetely not a Reichspost uniform. The Reichspost did neither use tunics of this cut nor did they wear cross-straps, collar Litzen or shoulderboards. The cap eagle is also not the Reichspost pattern.

It's not her, if you want my opinion. Anyway, I find the photo interesting for another reason: Like the album's owner in a previous photograph, the Allgemeine SS men seen in this image wear pistol holsters. This was not standard practice for A-SS personnel and seems to reinforce the theory that in these early days, the local A-SS unit was actively engaged in security duty for Hitler while he stayed at Haus Wachenfeld. (Soon after, all such tasks would certainly have been taken over by the LSSAH.)

The practice of watermarking photographs is perfectly understandable and I really appreciate the way you do it in terms of the watermark's look, its translucent quality and the individual placement in areas where it doesn't cover relevant details. Sometimes you see photographs that have been "watermarked" by a multitude of bright-red, criss-crossing, shaky lines and doodles and that really ruins an image for me.
    First of all Andreas, I want to thank you very much indeed for lending your expertise to the understanding of this photo album and the situation of the man it belonged to. I feel I have come a long way in understanding the context of these photos thanks to you especially, and also thanks to other input I have received from the good members here. - And I agree with you that it isn't Eva Braun on the picture showing Hitler.

I have looked very carefully at the reverse of the photos and as such I have also some other information I want to share with you all (which will be no revelation):

Photo #20 is dated August 1933 on the reverse and also is marked "Photo Böhm, Berchtesgaden". #18 and #35 (with Hitler) is also marked Photo Böhm, Berchtesgaden. On the reverse of photo #11 is written Postschutz. On the reverse of photo #22 is written ("Haus Wachenfeld mit Vater"), which I don't quite understand since he is seemingly alone on this photo.

And also photos ## 10, 11, 12, 13 have been developed by the same establishment (Photo-Babnigg, Berchtesgaden). Might he have lived in Berchtesgaden?

If you all look back to photo #3 (outside a post building) I believe you can see our protagonist standing just to the left (viewers left) of the main door in his brownshirt SS uniform. He is the only one to wear this uniform in the photo.

Andreas: Your observation regarding the A-SS-men wearing pistol holsters in the "Hitler photo" is really interesting. I concur with your interpretation of this.

I will before long post the nine loose photos that came with the album which all seem to date from a couple of years later. I sure could use your assistance on those as well Andreas!

- Kenneth

And here is season no. 2 of the panzerjager group. This album is dated 1939 and has much better photos than the 1st one which was pre-war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Panzerjagers with a PAK and nice equipment.

These 2 are not very clear so it wasn't an easy task to photo them.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Page 84 of 365 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 184 ... LastLast