Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 85 of 365 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

The owner of the albums fixing a roof with other pzjagers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

nice pictures.
    -Patrick

Thanks Patrick, tomorrow the part 2
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I cant wait,

Quote by KSH View Post
    On the reverse of photo #22 is written ("Haus Wachenfeld mit Vater"), which I don't quite understand since he is seemingly alone on this photo.
    The simplest explanation for this is: The text was written by his son.

Quote by KSH View Post
    And also photos ## 10, 11, 12, 13 have been developed by the same establishment (Photo-Babnigg, Berchtesgaden). Might he have lived in Berchtesgaden?
    Very well possible. The Obersalzberg is within the Berchtesgaden district and only a few kilometers from the town of Berchtesgaden proper.
    If our man delivered mail to the Obersalzberg, it is safe to assume that he lived in the area. Maybe he lived in Berchtesgaden, maybe he lived in a small village nearby and only had his photographs developed at Photo Babnigg... Who knows?

KSH
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The simplest explanation for this is: The text was written by his son.

Very well possible. The Obersalzberg is within the Berchtesgaden district and only a few kilometers from the town of Berchtesgaden proper.
    If our man delivered mail to the Obersalzberg, it is safe to assume that he lived in the area. Maybe he lived in Berchtesgaden, maybe he lived in a small village nearby and only had his photographs developed at Photo Babnigg... Who knows?
    It probably was written by the son. I should have thought of that immediately. - Who knows indeed where he might have lived. All we can do is to speculate. I will post right away the loose photos, Andreas! Then I am finished for now I want to interrupt Chris' photo album as little as possible.

- Kenneth

?

GoodPwny, NICE pics! I love the MPi 40 photo! very cool

Chris, glad to see you still have some photos from the albums to share. hope there are more!

Kennth, see I told ya It was better to wait for Andreas! ha. I would have never guessed that early Reichsposts tunics could be a light color. All photos I have seen have shown dark color tunics...even some wearing Dark color Capes. I know what the tabs look like, but hard to tell from that photo IMO. Thanks again for posting your album, it was interesting. also interesting veiws of early postal uniforms. From #11 postschutz to reichspost, I think we all learned something!

HPL, thanks for clearing that up. The link I showed was the only thing that popped up for a search of reichspost tunics, and it was similar to the color Im used to seeing on reichspost uniforms, so I figured it to be correct. The tabs should have been a tell tale sign, but then again I didnt really study the pic be4 posting. Funny it was mislabeled on the website tho.

Here is a Dark colored Reichspost Cape and visor on a Reichspost Woman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

KSH
    ?

Default Loose photos that accompanied the photoalbum belongong to a SS-man who was also a post man!

Here are the loose photos that accompanied the album I have shared with you lately:

#39 obverse/reverse: It is my belief that this photo is showing the son of the original owner of the photo album, although I cannot prove this. I know that the son also was SS and that he served with the LSSAH at some point.
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

#40: I believe we are getting a high view here of the commemoration of 9. Nov 1923 in München, 1935. I don't know which car Hitler would be in.

#41: Obverse/reverse - Der Führer himself of course. This photo is actually quite out of focus, indicating that it perhaps was taken by the original owner of the album. An official propaganda photo would have had much higher quality IMO.

#42: Obverse/reverse - SA-men in München I presume? Perhaps connected to the annual "Putsch-attempt celebration"?

#43: Obverse/reverse - Must be related to #42.

#44: Some kind of flag ceremony in Southern Germany? Andreas, I would really appreciate some help on the text on the reverse of this photo.

#45: Same location as in #44 I believe.

#46: Possibly same area as ## 44 & 45 are showing?

#47: Perhaps connected in some way with ##44-46.

Thank you for looking!

- Kenneth

Default Re: Loose photos that accompanied the photoalbum belongong to a SS-man who was also a post man!

Quote by KSH View Post
    #42: Obverse/reverse - SA-men in München I presume? Perhaps connected to the annual "Putsch-attempt celebration"?

#43: Obverse/reverse - Must be related to #42.
    They are members of the Motor-SA or perhaps a mixed group of Motor-SA and NSKK. (Note the black pants and "motoring" sleeve diamonds.)
    It seems to me the men are given a tour by their comrade in the center of both images. (Sorry, I don't recognize the places.)
    Also note that they all wear black mourning ribbons over their brassards. Maybe these photos were taken after Hindenburg's death in 1934? (Of course, it could also be another "smaller" case of official mourning.)

Quote by KSH View Post
    I would really appreciate some help on the text on the reverse of this photo.
    It says:

"Flaggenparade am
    Dorfbrunnen
    Ruhpolding, im Februar 38
    "

...meaning:

"Flag parade by the
    village well
    Ruhpolding*, in February 38
    "

*) See:
    Ruhpolding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ruhpolding Tourismus : Urlaub in Bayern

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Loose photos that accompanied the photoalbum belongong to a SS-man who was also a post man!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    They are members of the Motor-SA or perhaps a mixed group of Motor-SA and NSKK. (Note the black pants and "motoring" sleeve diamonds.)
    It seems to me the men are given a tour by their comrade in the center of both images. (Sorry, I don't recognize the places.)
    Also note that they all wear black mourning ribbons over their brassards. Maybe these photos were taken after Hindenburg's death in 1934? (Of course, it could also be another "smaller" case of official mourning.)

It says:

"Flaggenparade am
    Dorfbrunnen
    Ruhpolding, im Februar 38
    "

...meaning:

"Flag parade by the
    village well
    Ruhpolding*, in February 38
    "

*) See:
    Ruhpolding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ruhpolding Tourismus : Urlaub in Bayern
    Thank you once again, Andreas! How is it possible to tell Motor SA and NSKK personnel apart?

Now I shall retire and just watch the other wonderful photos that are being posted by the other members for a while!

- Kenneth

Page 85 of 365 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast