Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 365 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 187 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by KSH View Post
    It sure is a great thread! Too bad I can't post some more photos for a while now other than maybe a few loose ones here and there The photo album I have just shared with you wasn't exactly cheap... But as soon as I saw it, I knew it was meant for me When are you going to post more from your albums Chris?

- Kenneth
    No problem mate, loose ones are just fine too. The albums are exceptions which come once in a while. The usual thing to see here are loose photos. Usually i post loose ones that i buy from ebay or from other collectors like Bill. I'm at work now so tonight i'll be posting more of the 2nd album
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Default Re: Loose photos that accompanied the photoalbum belongong to a SS-man who was also a post man!

Quote by KSH View Post
    How is it possible to tell Motor SA and NSKK personnel apart?
    A difficult question. When looking at photographs from the 1931 - 1934 period when the Motor-SA and NSKK existed simulteneously and the NSKK was still wearing the traditional brownshirt uniform and Kepi, it can be difficult - and sometimes impossible - to tell them apart as the uniform was basically the same. (Black breeches, motoring sleeve diamonds, black leather crash helmets etc. where worn by both organizations.)

Of course there were some differences, but the problem is that these are not always clearly evident in period photographs.

Examples:

The Motor-SA wore collar patches in their Gruppe color, while those of the NSKK were normally black. But, since SA-Gruppe Berlin-Brandenburg also used black collar patches, while the NSKK Korpsführung and the staffs of the Motorobergruppen and the independent Motorgruppen wore carmine-red collar patches, this clue is not always useful.

The Motor-SA wore embroidered collar patches, while the NSKK had metal devices, but, of course this cannot always be told from photographs.

The NSKK had a unique Kepi eagle, but this was only introduced in May 1934 and is thus not necessarily present in an early photograph.

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Loose photos that accompanied the photoalbum belongong to a SS-man who was also a post man!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A difficult question. When looking at photographs from the 1931 - 1934 period when the Motor-SA and NSKK existed simulteneously and the NSKK was still wearing the traditional brownshirt uniform and Kepi, it can be difficult - and sometimes impossible - to tell them apart as the uniform was basically the same. (Black breeches, motoring sleeve diamonds, black leather crash helmets etc. where worn by both organizations.)

Of course there were some differences, but the problem is that these are not always clearly evident in period photographs.

Examples:

The Motor-SA wore collar patches in their Gruppe color, while those of the NSKK were normally black. But, since SA-Gruppe Berlin-Brandenburg also used black collar patches, while the NSKK Korpsführung and the staffs of the Motorobergruppen and the independent Motorgruppen wore carmine-red collar patches, this clue is not always useful.

The Motor-SA wore embroidered collar patches, while the NSKK had metal devices, but, of course this cannot always be told from photographs.

The NSKK had a unique Kepi eagle, but this was only introduced in May 1934 and is thus not necessarily present in an early photograph.
    Thank you for giving me such a thorough reply! Most appreciated.

- Kenneth

Hi Chaps, I'd like to see what you think of this postcard I posted on the buckle forum

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...86/#post321615

Cheers,

Richard.

Howdy KSH

the day is a sacred date - 9. november !!!

compare with the national holiday of every other country.

This course was held in each year.

KSH
    ?

Quote by sSterbebild View Post
    Howdy KSH

the day is a sacred date - 9. november !!!

compare with the national holiday of every other country.

This course was held in each year.
    Yes, and you've got to appreciate the irony of it all!

- Kenneth

?

I need help with translate.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

thanks,
    -Patrick

Mein 220 er mit dem ich von wien wegfuhr
    My 220 it after I drove away from vienna ( austria)

((displacement of the car))

?

Kenneth, I like #42/43 alot. You can just barely make out the insignia on the kepi on the man to the right. Definitely like the Loose ones too!

I will post some new ones, now that the album is through (unfortunately! lol) CHRIS, glad to hear that was just one of them!

These came today: - DAK/Tropical Panzermann - Note the veterans Association pin on the old man
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-12-2011 at 12:21 AM.

?

-Panzerjager/Grenadier w/ Panzerkampfabzeichen in wear

-Heer and Luft men, maybe brothers ---photo taken in Saarbrucken
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Page 87 of 365 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 187 ... LastLast