Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A nice photo group to a fallen Officer

Article about: This lot I got yesterday with loads of other stuff which I will post in the correct areas. It appears from the photos that Rienhard Kohl was in the Weimar 100,000 strong Army and as such mus

Default A nice photo group to a fallen Officer

This lot I got yesterday with loads of other stuff which I will post in the correct areas.
    It appears from the photos that Rienhard Kohl was in the Weimar 100,000 strong Army and as such must have been a professional soldier.
    There are various photos of parades arround 1935.
    He is at time of death in a Gebirgsjager Unit. Most of the photos are from his wedding the previous year. He born 23/11/19 and died 26/05/43 his rank Captian.
    He had EK2, 8 or 4years service badge 1st Oct and DRL sports badge.
    The photos are in excellent condition with at least 2 of each and appear to have remained untouched in a A5 folder. They are high quality and judging by the wedding setting that is because they were a well to do family?
    I would research it but would not know where to start.

Regards
    Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A nice photo group to a fallen Officer   A nice photo group to a fallen Officer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A nice photo group to a fallen Officer
    P
    Many

Default Re: A nice photo group to a fallen Officer

Phil,

I'm sure there is as much here as UK if you were to get in the attics.

This lot came from a house clearance dealer that is very reasonable priced.

They won't hold anything for anyone which is pretty fair and gives everyone a fair pop. The only issue is you have no idea where it came from and if you snooze you loose. I was lucky as I went there last and they were still there.

To get anything over here you normally have to be on the ground by 0500 and you can make mistakes that early on with everyone over your shoulder, so I've gone for the more leisurely approach and it sometimes pays off.

Regards

Jock