Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not an address I would like to have.

Article about: by operaman Gertrud Heise otherwise know as the Bitch of Buchenwald. Ilse Koch was the 'Bitch of Buchenwald', I'm not sure Gertrud Heise served at Buchenwald.

Default Not an address I would like to have.

Please seen scan of the post card from Buchenwald also note the SS officers name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not an address I would like to have.   Not an address I would like to have.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not an address I would like to have.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Not an address I would like to have.

Interesting Operaman but I'm not a 100% convinced by this postcard and all the details about it. Let me do a little research and I'll get back to you with what ever conclusions I come to.

Kris...

The first thing that is of concern is the lack of any message or even anything to say who is the sender of the card?
    I find it a bit strange that it is so anonymous.
    Saying that I am still being open minded although a bit skeptical there are a few other details that are worrying me and i'm looking into them at the moment.

Kris...

Hey Kris,I agree that there are some strange things about this card.I am sure the card itself is an original as for the sender it does seem strange that there is no message and the choice of stamps are a bit unusual the postmarks are a little smudged.I have heard that stamp collectors would send things to them selves just to have the cancellations.What ever the card itself is very collectible.Cheers Operaman

Yes I agree with the choice of stamps The 4 Rpfg blue von Hindenburg optioned Luxembourg seems right ,as it was used in Luxembourg from 1940 which matches up with the postmark cancellation but the 50c air stamp i'm not sure if this is correct ,this is a 1931 issue I'm not really sure if it was still in use 9 years later? Also the mixing of 2 currencies is a bit strange.

?

What i find a bit strange about this is that there are no SS officers present that i can see, only Luftwaffe personel, why would the Luftwaffe be holding a dinner at Buchenwald especially with adolf present, i would think that this is a squadron dinner held at a base elsewhere

Hi Dave, the card is just a commercial item showing Hitler having Christmas dinner at an airbase in the West. So anyone could have bought it.

Has anyone checked the SS Officer's Deinstalterliste to see if an Officer of this name served?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes agreed Ade, i suppose the point i was making is that would a Obersturmmfuhrer be bothered to send a non SS related item to anyone bearing in mind their elitest attitude

Dave he is the recipient of the postcard what the mystery really is is who sent it?

You know I Goggled the name,the last name I could not make out what his first name was and The only Heise I came up with was Gertrud Heise otherwise know as the Bitch of Buchenwald.The plot thickens.I agree with Ade that this card could have been purchased anywhere in Germany and sent any time but why no message?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast