Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Article about: I am truly honoured that my thread on this album telling the story of a postman, Postschutz-man and member of the SS (guard/bodyguard/mail courier in connection with Hitler's southern reside

?

Default Re: A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Please do not end your research here I agree that this mans story as it were and his place n history has truly not been unfolded yet this is by far one of the most interesting posts/threads that I have read since becoming a member here !!!!

Kind Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Please do not end your research here I agree that this mans story as it were and his place n history has truly not been unfolded yet this is by far one of the most interesting posts/threads that I have read since becoming a member here !!!!

Kind Regards Mark K
    Have no fear - I will continue to look into this album in the time to come. I believe that a trip to the area the photos were taken in might be the best way to uncover the story they tell - but all in good time! I am glad you found my thread interesting, Mark!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:27 PM.

This has been a very interesting story. I have enjoyed the fruits of your research, and look forward to hearing more! Thank you for sharing!

That has to be one of the most fascinating albums/narratives I have read. I am also a student of the Postschutz, and these have to be the earliest pics of P/S men I have seen to date. It also shows the clear interrelationship between the Postschutz and the Reichspost--most think they are mutually exclusive in terms of membership.

I recently picked up a Postschutz member's album, but it only goes back as far as early 1935--this is by far the earliest. Interesting to see that the Reichspost cockade was also worn so early.

Just terrific--my hat is off to you.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

KSH
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    That has to be one of the most fascinating albums/narratives I have read. I am also a student of the Postschutz, and these have to be the earliest pics of P/S men I have seen to date. It also shows the clear interrelationship between the Postschutz and the Reichspost--most think they are mutually exclusive in terms of membership.

I recently picked up a Postschutz member's album, but it only goes back as far as early 1935--this is by far the earliest. Interesting to see that the Reichspost cockade was also worn so early.

Just terrific--my hat is off to you.
    I am especially glad that my photos have provided you with some new insight Chris and I am much obliged. The Postschutz was a fascinating organization and one I would really like to know much more about. I wish that somebody would write a book about the organization - to my knowledge this has never been done.

This album is in many ways my most treasured possession today.

Regards,

Kenneth

?

A fascinating journey Kenneth thank you for sharing and also to Andreas for his further insight. Most interesting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Kenneth,
    Awesome job at putting together the full story. We had a jumbled story in the other thread when we first layed eyes on this album, Im glad it all came together. As always, HPL's (Andreas') experience with identifying certain aspects of a photo speaks for itself. With Andreas' knowledge and Kenneths drive for confirmation, this turned out to be an interesting recreation of an awesome early album.

Hopefully more of us will go to the same lengths and present our albums like this. I bet we would learn alot more than we think!

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    A fascinating journey Kenneth thank you for sharing and also to Andreas for his further insight. Most interesting.
    I am glad you found it interesting!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Kenneth,
    Awesome job at putting together the full story. We had a jumbled story in the other thread when we first layed eyes on this album, Im glad it all came together. As always, HPL's (Andreas') experience with identifying certain aspects of a photo speaks for itself. With Andreas' knowledge and Kenneths drive for confirmation, this turned out to be an interesting recreation of an awesome early album.

Hopefully more of us will go to the same lengths and present our albums like this. I bet we would learn alot more than we think!
    Thank you - I would be delighted to see similar photo threads from other members in the future!

Regards,

Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Just a little trivial update for those interested regarding photo number #2:

I have brought out the magnifying glass and I have studied this photo thoroughly and I can confidently say that "our man" is sitting in the front row, 3rd from the left (marked with the arrow) - this is not so easy to see on my photo of the photo itself:

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Also as a fun thing to do, I asked Leander/oksnevad_2 some time ago to colour one of the photos (the one with "our man" having a good time with a drink and a cigar, while wearing his black SS uniform), which he did marvelously and here is the result:

The research into this very special album continues bit by bit, I am sure I will have something ready to share about it sooner or later.

Regards,

Kenneth

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    Just a little trivial update for those interested regarding photo number #2:

I have brought out the magnifying glass and I have studied this photo thoroughly and I can confidently say that "our man" is sitting in the front row, 3rd from the left (marked with the arrow) - this is not so easy to see on my photo of the photo itself:

Also as a fun thing to do, I asked Leander/oksnevad_2 some time ago to colour one of the photos (the one with "our man" having a good time with a drink and a cigar, while wearing his black SS uniform), which he did marvelously and here is the result:

The research into this very special album continues bit by bit, I am sure I will have something ready to share about it sooner or later.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Good work by Leander !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast