Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

One Man's Postcards...

Article about: Hello folks. A few cheap purchases I made recently, but no less interesting than something more expensive or exotic. In the past, I have shared numerous feldpost letters on this forum, and w

Default One Man's Postcards...

Hello folks.

A few cheap purchases I made recently, but no less interesting than something more expensive or exotic. In the past, I have shared numerous feldpost letters on this forum, and with the diligent help of others here, have uncovered a small snapshot of one man's story. With these items, I'm hoping to be able to do that again.

I have here a collection of postcards, all from the same man, dated from 9th April to 1st October 1940. I believe this man was involved in both the Luftwaffe and RLB, judging from the ink stamps used, and from the general theme of the cards themselves. Even without the handwriting on the back, they make nice little display pieces.

I'll start with the first, dated 9th April 1940. I've been experimenting with new methods of photographing small paper items, which should improve the overall quality of the images I upload...

One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One Man's Postcards...
    P
    Many

Postcard number two. A soldat in the field dreams of better things...

One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...

Regards, B.B.

Number three: 28th July 1940

One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...

B.B.

8th August, 1940.

One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...

B.B.

Interesting use of either photomontage or multiple images in the first card. Clearly the bombers have been added to the original seascape. Postcards are a cheap way of acquiring original items and the unit stamps can be investing too. Well bought BB.

9th October, 1940.

One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...One Man's Postcards...

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Interesting use of either photomontage or multiple images in the first card. Clearly the bombers have been added to the original seascape. Postcards are a cheap way of acquiring original items and the unit stamps can be investing too. Well bought BB.
    They are indeed. Only a few quid a piece. When I see multiple cards addressed to/from the same man, I try to pick them all up at once. Better that than let the history get split up forever.

B.B.