MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

Article about: I've been to Tallinn Paul & seen Some of the ruins. Stewy

?

Default Re: Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

Sorry mate !!

Did you manage to get any of the others ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Nice photos! At least now I know who left nothing to me from that German photo lot sold some months ago on ebay.de:-). I have saved copies from the whole lot (also Your pictures) but I'm not sure is it Ok to post them here because I own none of them. It is a shame that such lots are sold to different collectors but reason is pretty obvious - you will get much more if You will sell them separately.
    The problem is that once they are owned by someone such as myself the copyright of those photos goes to that person , even though some of my photos have already been put onto Estonian websites !!! I too copied some of the others that were for sale for my own reference but haven't posted them myself as they are now the property of someone else who has the copyright to them.

Your quite correct it is a great shame that albums like this are being broken up and dispersed whereever and spolit for profit alone .

I do have quite a few more of the photos from this album but haven't posted them yet as i haven't got round to watermarking them !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

No, You took them all and left nothing to me. And I was wondering why somebody is interested is simple photos of my hometown. I even did not placed any bids to Stug photos because photos with panzers are always very expensive. I have only scans from eBay and actually even do not need originals but for me these scans are for historic reseach only. This lot also contained battles in Saaremaa (Ösel) and hiiumaa (Dagö). I will attach some pics from ebay, if it is not OK due to copyright law please delete it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!   Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!  

?

I didn't get them all mate unfortunately !!

I'm a very frequent visitor to Estonia and your home town and have been for many years and one of main areas of research is the fighting in Estonia in 1941 and 1944, this set provided such interesting combat shots instead of the usual tourist ones taken by German soldiers of Tallinn.

I did manage to buy some of the photos of the fighting in Saaremaa and Hiiumaa i just haven't posted them here yet.

Re the ones you have posted none of them are mine but they will belong to someone and objection to the copyright is up to them i suppose !

1st July 1916

?

Just to show i didn't get all the combat photos here is one that shows some of the other attractions in Estonia !!

Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Hi Carl good to see you posting back here mate

Unfortunately album stripping for profit seems to be commonplace now especially on flea bay , these photos were part of what would have been a superb historical item !!

Looking forward to seeing more of you here ??

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul and thank you mate ;-)) Ill be here more after the beginning of 2012. Im going to be scarce fro the next 5-6 weeks as im donating some time to volunteer for the Salvation Army here in Corpus Christi ;-))

I hear ya on those album-rippers, it sickens me to no end. Rick in particular-makes me angry with what he does all in the name of POSSIBLY...making more money. Sometimes it backfires on him too-like in the case of those 1st GJ Div (79th GJ AR pics) that he tore apart. Though I paid near $100.00 for 20 photos, some I got dirt cheap when you break down individual prices. Had I just not spent about $300.00 on pics the week before (from) Weitze--I would have probably been able to get about another 30-40 of those photos.

We are about to celebrate Thanksgiving here-this Thursday, so if I dont get a chance to say it--Merry Christmas and Happy New Years mate.

Take care-_Carl.

?

Happy thanksgiving to you too my friend

Glad we are going to see more of you and that you are back in Corpus Christi

1st July 1916

?

Thanks Jay this photo was taken before the apartment conversion the building now has a glass roof but is still a good looking building !!
    At least I didn't feel that that is a big loss for the town after the fall the USSR, when the factory was reuilt to the elite penthouse, may be economically that is not a good to lost a factory, but I remember the stinky air ( H2SO4 was used to make the paper bleached) in around of this area, I was live approx a 800 meters from a factory.

About the pictures: personally I like to share what I have and what is belonged to me, even they will be reposted somwere, and I did not need to watermark the images, normally if the peoples share the pictures- they need to point the link to the original source. I did found a lot of my items pictures/ photos in Russian, Estonian, Lithuanian etc websites without links and even told that these are copyright of the poster of that source, but I really do not want to nothing, i leave it for their own conscience
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Indeed Dim the sharing of photos once posted on the web is out there for all to make use of !!

Must admit i do like the modern version of the paper mill , it's a good lookiing buiding now !!

If you get time how about some now photos !!!!! You are a better photographer than me !!!

1st July 1916

?

Paul, once I will do that, but at the moment I'am very busy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast