Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini

Article about: Pictured are an original photo and glass negative of Hitler with Mussolini at the Reich's Chancellery in Sept/1937. Plus several other "somewhat famous folks in the company". The p

Default Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini

Pictured are an original photo and glass negative of Hitler with Mussolini at the Reich's Chancellery in Sept/1937. Plus several other "somewhat famous folks in the company". The photo was attributed to Hoffman for his photo book "Mussolini Erlebt Deutschland" / Mussolini Experiences Germany. Story line is Hitler did not like his pose, therefore, this photo was not used. There is a similar photo that was used in several books. This photo does not have Hoffman's imprint. The photo is printed on Agfa - Lupex paper. The negative is on thick period glass. I guess the glass negative was made so they could mass produce pictures for magzines, newspapers etc. I was shocked to find out that Mussolini was fluent in German, and gave a speech at the olympic stadium, and on German radio. He toured Germany and while there made the famous statement, "When one has such a friend "Hitler". You go with him through thick and thin, in good times and in bad. I really liked the picture even if it was a reject. I was confused by Keitel's rank in the picture. He made full General in 1937, but I do not know what month.

Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini   Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini

Thank You kindly for the shot!

I cut off the guy on the far right in the other scan. I'm not sure who he is, so here is another scan. Anybody recognize the guy in the center wearing glasses, standing between Hitler and Borman?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Photo & Negative of Hitler & Mussolini  

The gentlemen are: L-R Keitel, Mussolini, Hitler, Dr. Theodore Morell(Hitlers personal physician), Bormann, Goering, Himmler, Hesse and Wilhelm Bruckner(Hitlers senior personal adjutant).

The picture, i think, was taken during Mussolini's visit to Germany in September 1937.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

nice pic,,very interesting

A great photo. I would love to know what they are pointing at on the map and what they are deciding

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Bruckner was the one I was unsure of. Thanks for you comments guys. I'm still alittle puzzled by Keitel's rank for 1937.

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    A great photo. I would love to know what they are pointing at on the map and what they are deciding

Nick

Since Hermann is directing the action, perhaps scoping out a place in Berlin to get some good spaghetti for Il Duce

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Since Hermann is directing the action, perhaps scoping out a place in Berlin to get some good spaghetti for Il Duce
    Ha! Ha! Nice one

We should do more of these "guess the caption " threads

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thomasdenmark
    ?

Hey.

will you sell the negative ?

hitler@unitedpress.dk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast