Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Palestina hj

Article about: Now i would really really like to hear what you guys have to say about this photo. It looks like it is post ww2 trofees Anyone with more details around this- and also almost just as importan

?

Default Palestina hj

Now i would really really like to hear what you guys have to say about this photo. It looks like it is post ww2 trofees

Anyone with more details around this- and also almost just as important, does these piece exists today??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Palestina hj  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Palestina hj
    P
    Many

Almost certainly captured trophies. I doubt much if either still exist. Many bringbacks were stuffed away in a trunk or closet as interest in them had lost it's luster by that point. Nobody wanted to sit around and fondly recall the "good old times" they had in the war-much the same as many Viet Nam vets refuse to speak of their experiences. Eventually, the souvenirs ended up getting tossed in the trash or ruined with rough and indifferent handling-like so many bent and broken daggers you still see today from the kids throwing them and playing swords with them. Today? We can only bemoan and lament the forever lost treasures that meant so little yesterday but are a fortune today.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This is not my area at all but I've just finished the book 'One Palestine Complete' a week ago, it's a history of the British mandate period in Palestine. In it the make reference to a Hitler Youth branch in Jerusalem. Jerusalem had a sizeable German population which fell into line when the Nazi party gained power and were active until the outbreak of war with Britain.

?

It is a very interesting part of the history. I was hoping these piece were in some museum today.