Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Parteiabzeichen Collection by Gefreiter otto.

Article about: Sorry, couldnt attach it in the PM, theres no "upload from CPU" option, only "URL upload". So I uploaded it here, hope its ok. This is the Pin or Brooch, the best pic I g

Sorry, couldnt attach it in the PM, theres no "upload from CPU" option, only "URL upload".

So I uploaded it here, hope its ok.
    This is the Pin or Brooch, the best pic I got of it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parteiabzeichen Collection by Gefreiter otto.
    P
    Many

?

That's a great picture! The brooch your grandmother is wearing denotes membership in the RADwJ (Reichsarbeitsdienst der weiblichen Jugend). Here's a similar one that was sold recently:

The Collector's Guild

Great! Nice to know!

Thanks for your help Erno

Quote by Erno View Post
    That's a great picture! The brooch your grandmother is wearing denotes membership in the RADwJ (Reichsarbeitsdienst der weiblichen Jugend). Here's a similar one that was sold recently:

The Collector's Guild

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Good question!
    I must admit that im not really sure, I have to look into that, I got his Biography witch my Grand father wrote but I cant remember that part.
    He was a "Ratsherr" and managed to build housing for Frontkampfer (WWI) in his community witch where unable to work/or have a steady income caused of injurys from WWI. So he was involved in politics in that way at least.
    A Ratsherr is a member of the city-/town council. Here's what we can tell from the photographs:

The picture in the brownshirt uniform shows him as a member and office-holder [Amtswalter] of the Nazi Party; more specifically, he is wearing the collar patches for a Blockwart. It's an early uniform with insignia as worn ca. 1933/34, so he had joined the NSDAP either prior to or very soon after the Nazis' rise to power.

The picture in the military uniform shows him as a private [Schütze etc.] of the Army [Heer]. Branch is color is very light; apparently white for infantry. The field blouse is of pre-/early war style and quality. Note the gas cape bag worn in front of his chest.

He had seen active service in World War I: He was decorated with the 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class], the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer [Honor Cross for Combatants] and the WW1-era Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber [Wound Badge in Silver]:
    In the picture in a civilian suit, he is wearing them as a three-place buttonhole miniature. In the army photograph, the EK2 and the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz are worn as an (upside-down!) ribbon bar, with the Verwundetenabzeichen on the breast pocket. In the NSDAP photograph, the Verwundetenabzeichen is on the breast pocket and the ribbon for the EK2 in the pocket flap. (The 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz was only instituted in 1934, so its absence in this image is expected.)

The NSDAP Party Badge is worn on the tie in the brownshirt photo and on the lapel in the civilian photo.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A Ratsherr is a member of the city-/town council. Here's what we can tell from the photographs:

The picture in the brownshirt uniform shows him as a member and office-holder [Amtswalter] of the Nazi Party; more specifically, he is wearing the collar patches for a Blockwart. It's an early uniform with insignia as worn ca. 1933/34, so he had joined the NSDAP either prior to or very soon after the Nazis' rise to power.

The picture in the military uniform shows him as a private [Schütze etc.] of the Army [Heer]. Branch is color is very light; apparently white for infantry. The field blouse is of pre-/early war style and quality. Note the gas cape bag worn in front of his chest.

He had seen active service in World War I: He was decorated with the 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class], the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer [Honor Cross for Combatants] and the WW1-era Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber [Wound Badge in Silver]:
    In the picture in a civilian suit, he is wearing them as a three-place buttonhole miniature. In the army photograph, the EK2 and the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz are worn as an (upside-down!) ribbon bar, with the Verwundetenabzeichen on the breast pocket. In the NSDAP photograph, the Verwundetenabzeichen is on the breast pocket and the ribbon for the EK2 in the pocket flap. (The 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz was only instituted in 1934, so its absence in this image is expected.)

The NSDAP Party Badge is worn on the tie in the brownshirt photo and on the lapel in the civilian photo.

Hello.

Yes thats all correct hehe, thank you very much for your thorough examination!
    I knew of the gasmask but had not noticed the the Ribbon bar was upside down, thanks for pointing that out, thats awsome! (Y)

I got a ton of pictures from the family albums for you to examine, but ill spare you
    The best would be to clone you!

Thanks again

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6