Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Photo album of a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf member.

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought you would like to see my father's photo album. I apologize me for the bad picture quality. This photo album has not been in the attic and I made photos of a while a

The Sydnor book is the best scholarly book on the subject. There are multi volume apologia unit histories of Totenkopf, which are not historically accurate.
    The Sydnor book is the standard work. There are other works, too, if you are interested, in German, of very high quality and which can easily get in Austria
    on the Waffen SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo album of  a 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf member.
    P
    Many

There are also well done biographies of certain figures associated with the SS Totenkopfverbaende and the later Waffen SS Totenkopf Division.
    These include the persons of Theodor Eicke and Max Simon.

- - ------- - -

I write this all because this is my profession over and beyond my being a collector of some decades experience,
    some of which includes your native country, which I know rather well.

?

The unit designation is 1st Workshop Company of the SS Armoured Maintainance Battalion , i can only concur on books buy Soldiers of Destruction
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks for sharing this.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for sharing, Sabine. I enjoyed viewing the album it a lot. Your father went through some of the fiercest battles of the war at Demjansk and Charkov. Must been an incredible service, make sure to preserve it for future generations.

As I search for a particular picture, is it just my computer or are these invalid links?

I assume she extracted the images once it became plain their nature. I do not know if I saved any.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    As I search for a particular picture, is it just my computer or are these invalid links?
    Everything this member posted has been removed before it was noticed, unfortunately. Not much we can do now except to delete it but I felt that there was still some pertinent information posted so, I have left it so far.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the great links , I wanted to comment so I won't lose this thread .

Quote by MAP View Post
    You could always take all the photos out and put them on archival acid free backing paper or archival plastic sleeves (I'm always leery of these) but from what I can tell it looks like they were stored well. I think continuing with what you have done should then be fine. Main thing is to keep it out of light and in a temperature controlled environment.

Check these links out

Care, Handling and Storage of Photographs - Collections Care (Preservation, Library of Congress)

Preserving and Protecting Photographs

There are a number of member here who work in museums. Hopefully they will be by and correct anything that I said that might be incorrect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3