Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Photographs of German Paratroopers in Crete

Article about: Hi, If this is a silly question, please forgive me, as I don't know much about collecting photographs. A few years ago I had purchased a small collection of Polish pictures that included the

Default Photographs of German Paratroopers in Crete

Hi,

If this is a silly question, please forgive me, as I don't know much about collecting photographs.

A few years ago I had purchased a small collection of Polish pictures that included these 4 pictures, which all have polish captions written in pencil on the backs. The collection included many pictures of allied soldiers in the Middle East, although I was told that the person that these pictures had belonged to fought in the defense of Crete.

I had thought that these pictures were one of a kind, although today I noticed one of these pictures in wikipedia (link).

Does this mean that the photos that I have are reprints (I have tested these under a UV light and they don't glow) , or would they still be considered to be original? If so, do these have any significant value?

I can take better pictures if necessary, I didn't want to take them out of my album.

Thanks you, and sorry if my question is very general.

Last edited by awmartin; 07-12-2011 at 11:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of German Paratroopers in Crete
    P
    Many