MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

G'day Stefan, welcome to the forum mate, you have some great photos there! Thanks for showing them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Thank you very much, sandgroper.

Two other photographs, on the back they have a blue one-liner stamp: "Presse Illustrationen Heinrich Hoffmann SW 68 Nachdruck verboten" ("reprint forbidden")

The photos show Hitler and Benito Mussolini during his visit at the Fuehrer's headquarter Wolfsschanze (Rastenburg, East Prussia) on August 25 1941.
    Mussolini stayed for four days. Together they visited frontline troops in the Soviet Union.

Two questions:
    Why is Hitler wearing gloves? Does anyone know a man of the entourage?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Addition to my previous post:

Wilhelm Keitel, Chef des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht, seems to be the tall man on the left photo behind Adolf Hitler. Is this correct?

The next two photos show, according to the wirting on the back of the photos, the 40. Dienstjubiläum (service anniversary) of Franz Halder. He was from 1938 to 1942 Chef des Generalstabes des Heeres. In September 1942 he was dismissed (due to disagreements with Hitler). At the end of the war he has been in a concentration camp, KZ Dachau. He and his wife have been released on May 4 1945.

A famous diary entry of Halder is: "It is not too much to ask, if I claim, the campaign against the Soviet Union was won after 14 days."

On the left photo you can see Halder welcoming Hitler in East Prussia (Wolfsschanze) on July 14 1942. The right photo shows Hitler on the same day. I think he is leaving the Führersonderzug (Fuehrer special train). Do you also think so?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Hitler together with officers and generals in front of marines. They are surrounded by a huge crowd on platforms. I can see Hakenkreuz and SS flags in the back.

Where and when could this have been? Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  

Concerning the first photo...The man sitting behind the driver with the slouch hat is Julius Schaub...
    cheers, Glenn

Welcome to the forum! Some very nice photos here. Looking forward to seeing more. I have a few Hitler photographs, but rather than having the photos, I have the negatives. Photos are one of my absolute favorite parts of the hobby.

?

Thank you for this information Glenn.
    I can see two men with a slouch hat. Do you mean the right one of them, who sits directly behind the driver?

Best regards,
    Stefan

Yes, the man sitting next to the guy with the white skullcap...far right edge of the photo..
    Glenn

?

Fascinating that you could identify him, although the hat covers the half of his face.

@avenger: Thanks for the welcoming! There are a lot more photos I will show here.

I've spent some time researching Julius Schaub...
    Great photos, friend!
    Glenn

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast