Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

MAP
    ?

Quote by SH89 View Post
    in the auction it says: "Cette photo est un tirage authentique de presse" - this photo is an authentic press copy.

No original photo? A copy? But authentic? I'm confused. Can someone help me concerning this special photos?
    it is a period photo that has been reproduced and distributed to the press for publication. Probably dozens or hundreds made, but still a war time piece.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for this answer. At this point also many thanks to Glenn (bigmacglenn1966) who answered very detailed via pm.
    I won't buy these photos, I will stick to original German photographs.

Today I can show you two photos of Hitler in France 1940.

The first one is an original Heinrich Hoffmann photograph and shows Hitler in conversation with a general (?). Does someone of you know him?

The second photo shows him petting a dog. What can you say about the three man standing in the back? Are they SS men?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

The first photo Hitler is walking/talking to a Luftwaffe officer, I can't tell the rank from that photo.

In the second photo only the man in the center is SS, the other 2 are Army.

?

Thank you for this information. It might be Karl-Heinrich Bodenschatz, liaison officer between Hermann Göring and Adolf Hitler.
    He is also on the second photo, the man leftmost behind Hitler. (I got this info in a German forum)

Next photo:

Children handing Hitler a bouquet of flowers. Next to him Wilhelm Frick, Interior Minister, and Goebbels. The photo was taken in 1935, probably by Heinrich Hoffmann. I was able to find out that the photo was published in a German newspaper on 26th August 1935.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Today I' showing you some photos of Hitler attending a Christmas celebration of the German Air Force. He was dining together with the soldiers and delivering a speech.
    Some soldiers next to Hitler seem very tensed up...

Can someone define the year more closely? Maybe based on the uniforms?

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

They sure did have ugly Christmas trees in those days...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Addition:

The photos of the Christmas celebration were taken around 1940 / 1941. Next to Hitler (on the right) you can see major Günther Lützow. On April 24 1945 he disapeared with his Me 262. He and his plane have never been found.

The next photo was taken on the Fuehrer's birthday - it seems to be his 52. birthday on April 20 1941.
    Probably one of the last peaceful moments - twos month later the invade of Soviet Union would begin.

In the back you can see the special train "Amerika".

In my opinion we can see from left to right:

? - Schaub - Keitel - Erich Raeder - Hitler - Göring

Is that correct? Who is the person on the left?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Leftmost on the photo of my last post you can see Rudolf Schmundt, adjutant to Adolf Hitler. He was injured during the 20 July 1944 assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler and died a few months later from his wounds.

My next photo is a press photo, published by picture service Atlantic, Berlin on July 21 1944. On the back of the photo it says: "The destiny of the Reich furthermore in the Fuehrer's hand." Next to Hitlers portrait you can see Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring.

Photographs of A. Hitler  

Interesting. I can see why the enamel is so often chipped and damaged on the Pour Le Merite's, if everyone in uniform wore them like Göring did his. Makes a person cringe to see it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting. I can see why the enamel is so often chipped and damaged on the Pour Le Merite's, if everyone in uniform wore them like Göring did his. Makes a person cringe to see it.
    Sure does, but it was (almost) according to regulations (not that Göring normally cared too much about regulations anyway).

When in uniform, the Pour le Merite and the Knight's Crosses of the EK and KVK were to be worn at all times and with all orders of dress (except sports clothing, of course). If a Pour le Merite holder was also decorated with the Knight's Cross of the EK or the KVK, it was to be worn on top of the Pour le Merite. The Grand Cross of the EK (of which Göring was the only WW2 recipient) was worn together with the Knight's Cross of the EK.

Recipients of multiple neck orders were to wear war decorations on top, with peacetime decorations below them.
    No more than two neck orders were to be worn simultaneously around the neck, but when wearing the medal bar, it was permitted to wear them in the buttonholes of the tunic, starting with the second buttonhole from top and with one order per buttonhole.

Thus, simultaneously wearing the Knight's Cross and the PLM around the neck, with the former on top of the latter (as Göring did prior to being awarded the Grand Cross or as seen in photographs of, say, Udet or Rommel, was correct. (But still bad news for the PLM's enamel.)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast