Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

?

Default Original Hitler photographs

Dear all,

I am new to this forum.

My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of the German leadership.
    I found this community via online searches. It really seems to be a great place to share knowledge and to get in touch with historical interested people.

In this thread I want to present my collection of original photographs of Adolf Hitler to you.

Some photos don't have a writing on its back. Maybe we can try together determining place and year? That would be great.

Let us start with the first photo:

It was taken around 1934 and shows A. Hitler in a car, surrounded by people greeting him (Hitler salute). He received flowers.

The writing on the back says "Hitler hält beim Brennerbascht" which means "Hitler stops at Brennerbascht" - an alpine hotel in Bischofswiesen near Berchtesgaden, Bavaria.

The driver of the car seems to be Erich Kempka, is that right? Do you know someone of the people in the back of the car?

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  
    Last edited by SH89; 05-20-2015 at 04:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

Let me offer you a warm welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

I think this is an interesting subject too, have a few myself--- welcome and tanks for sharing! I might need some help with the writing on the back of a few photos, actually

welcome and thanks.

?

Welcome to the forum friend.

JMM
    ?

Welcome to the forum Stefan and keep those pics coming
    Once Kempka started "driving" for Hitler in 34 and the pic is from 34 could be Kempka (it looks like him, but others members will confirm it)
    Thanks for volunteering on the german hand writing (I have a postcard that some members gently have helped with translation but some parts are hard to understand, so if you open that thread do let us know. Thanks)

Indeed, welcome and thanks for the offer of deciphering
    old German handwriting. It would be a great asset
    to the Forum.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Welcome to the forum SH89, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! As for the photo, it is abit puzzling, for sure. It is difficult to tell just who is In the car and who is Behind or Next to it. The man in white behind Hitler seems to be holding a Camera. And he and others look to have race car driver helmets on? Perhaps Hitler was honoring the winners of a racing team with a personal congratulations?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you all for your friendly welcome words. Here is my help thread for old German handwritings.

@Wagriff: Your hint concerning the race car is interesting. Didn't thought about that.
    Later I will show you another A.H. photo.

Best regards,
    Stefan

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast