Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics

Article about: Here are my latest pics. Any info greatly appreciated. Stewy S

Default Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics

Here are my latest pics. Any info greatly appreciated. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics   Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics  

Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics
    P
    Many

Default Re: Politzei,Sniper & Tropical uniform pics

Are there any photographic experts that can tell me why the guy sitting right in front of the three guys standing is so blurred? Is it coz he moved? Stewy S

Hi Stewy, I would say he moved for sure. I don't think they are Police though? I suspect they are customs officers, but I am open to correction on this.

The soldier in the tropical uniform is Luftwaffe.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade,that's what i was hoping to hear. Customs officers,you could be right. I bought them literally on impulse coz i liked 'em. Thanks for info on tropical,i wasn't sure. Stewy S

Stewy - the blurred man you refer to definitely moved during a relatively long exposure (there's always one in a group photograph). The man at the front left of the group is also moving slightly and is therefore blurred to a lesser extent. In those days film was less sensitive to light so needed longer exposures in order to get everyone in focus from the front to the back of the group.

Hi Stewy,

I would have guessed he was an SAS guy and they had to blur his face for publication

Just joking, the rest of the guys were correct, movement during a long shutter exposure for sure.

One question though, why would a sniper wear goggles on his helmet? Kind of defeats the concealment, with light reflection

Cheers,

Grant

Grant that's a fair point. I also thought it strange to position one's self under the only visible range finder (the sign). I believe pics good but more publicity than in action. Stewy S

Your right about being under the sign

As your typical rude colonial, I did forget to say that they are really great photos, sorry Still it goes without saying

I would kill to get a few photos like these to jazz up my small display, they are not quite so easy to find downunder, keep showing them, they are great to see

Cheers,

Grant

No worries Grant. As a typical bloody "pommie" i should've said thanks for your explanation of Politzei pic. May be able to help you with pics. I'll PM you. Stewy S

Also stewfoxy,thanks for info mate. It's appreciated,Stewy S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast