Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Possibly German POWs?

Article about: Another item we found while digging through some stores this weekend. Can this be a photo of 2 German POW’s at work while Red Cross is doing some kind of inspection? From the close ups, it l

Default Possibly German POWs?

Another item we found while digging through some stores this weekend.

Can this be a photo of 2 German POW’s at work while Red Cross is doing some kind of inspection? From the close ups, it looks like both workers are on either a grinding wheel or polishing wheel, can’t quite make out what is in the workers hand in the foreground. With close inspection, using a magnifying class, you can see that there is another workstation behind the Red Cross gal as you can see a vise mounted to a bench.

Possibly German POWs?

Possibly German POWs?

Possibly German POWs?

Any ideas?

Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possibly German POWs?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possibly German POWs?

Any opinions as to if this is or isn't a photo of German POW's being observed by the Red Cross?

That's what it looks like to me but I'd hate to be telling a story of something it is not.

Russ

What makes you think they are POW's?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    What makes you think they are POW's?

Cheers, Ade.
    The Red Cross worker being in the photo mostly. I looked at a number of other German POW photos, in American Camps, and they looked similar in persoanl appearance and good working conditions and not all wore cloths with the "P W" markings on them. I know that the Red Cross did inspections of living and working conditions so I added 1 + 1 +1 and hoped it came up with 3. But honestly, I have no idea what this photo really is. I bought it for a couple bucks in hopes that it might be something other than just a photo of a couple of guys working with a pretty lady watching over their shoulder.......