Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Post your SS photographs

Article about: 100% orginal sale auschwitz please bid

Default Re: Post your SS photographs

Nice photo! Cant say I have seen another pic of Bittrich in a white tunic

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS photographs
    P
    Many

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    guys i'm pretty excited about this. they're not here yet, but i got some pages from the personal photo album of SS Sturmbannfuehrer (rank at the time most photos were taken) Walter Harzer.

here is one as an example of what i have coming (one album page includes four shots from different angles of these officers). in white tunic (!) SS-Gruppenfuehrer Willy Bittrich and to his left SS-Sturmbannfuehrer Harzer:

Attachment 397598

the individual who came across these photos came along after some pages had been torn out of an album. he acquired all that were there and, i think rightly, sold them on to me on the condition they stay together as a group which they will. the pages have notations in Harzer's hand so the photos will remain glued to the pages and preserved as found from Harzer's estate.

these photos may be the only ones of Bittrich in a white tunic. i can't be sure of this, but if anyone has seen another feel free to comment.

the photos have some slight surface damage. however, there are RK winners, personalities, rare cuff titles and awards within the couple of pages that i could not pass up.
    Very interesting photo it will be interesting working out when exactly it was taken are they dated at all ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Summer 1943 just after his promotion to SS Sturmbannfuhrer when the Div had been formed as a Panzer Gren Div under Bittrich and was stationed around Ypres !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul you are absolutely correct! Good sleuthing!

A Decorated SS Soldier ,a rare photo of an SS Officer with Anti Tank award on sleeve.. Lancere Post your SS photographs

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Paul you are absolutely correct! Good sleuthing!
    Nice picture, look forward to seeing more, when you get them.

Quote by Lancere View Post
    A Decorated SS Soldier ,a rare photo of an SS Officer with Anti Tank award on sleeve.. Lancere Post your SS photographs
    Stunning photo Lancere, as a DK winner with the 'Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen"someone must know who this officer is...........?

A warrior for sure

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    His other decorations not too shabby either ...

?

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Stunning photo Lancere, as a DK winner with the 'Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen"someone must know who this officer is...........?
    The commander of the 3rd company antitank battalion Victor Schubert from the 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" in the turret of his command tank Pz III with the name "Satan".
    Before the onset of the 25th of February 1943, died. The bullet hit him in the head as he leaned out of the turret of his commander "troichki" "Satan." He died almost immediately

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast