MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Post your SS photographs

Article about: 100% orginal sale auschwitz please bid

?

Default Re: Post your SS photographs

Quote by Styx View Post
    Oh, by the way, I never asked - how'd you know they're political leaders? Is it the armbands? The belts? Just so I know for future reference...

Robbie
    Yes, all the things you mentioned are correct....as well as that those are Political caps in wear---note the Political eagles w/ lack of skulls/etc. Coats are brown I believe too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS photographs
    P
    Many

?

From the picture all I really saw was the prominent black band on the cap, the long coats, and I couldn't really see the eagles. Thanks for the clarification - at least this trio still look menacing...
    Oh, and I only just noticed all of the photographs you posted. They're excellent! I'm a stickler for the ones showing the cap in wear so I've liked your post with my two favourites on thanks for showing!

Robbie

Quote by Styx View Post
    Stewy, I like the Feldmutze one - here's another one with a Feldmutze I also hope to buy, I think of a KZ guard?
    Personally, I think he is a member of the SS-Totenkopfdivision (SSTK).

The Totenkopfverbände (SSTV) [i.e. concentration camp personnel] and this division - which originated from the original pre-war camp guard formations - both wore the "death's head" collar patch; thus it is not always possible to tell one from the other in period photographs.

What makes the SSTK more likely are two things:

He is wearing a combat decoration (note the EK2 ribbon in his buttonhole) and the Waffenfarbe [branch color] on his cap and shoulder boards appears to be far too dark to be the light brown color for the concentration camp branch. (More likely black for engineers.)

Quote by Styx View Post
    From the picture all I really saw was the prominent black band on the cap, the long coats, and I couldn't really see the eagles. Thanks for the clarification - at least this trio still look menacing...
    For additional illustration, please see here for a good image of a political leader wearing the exact same type of uniform and insignia as the men in your photograph (click to enlarge):

Axis History Forum • View topic - WHAT is this man?

?

Excellent, that's very useful, thank you - seeing it close up makes it much easier to see in the initial photograph.
    And ah, really? Yes, what you say does make sense, I did notice the EK2 but I suppose I thought he'd been assigned to a KZ after service. I suppose it's still just as interesting, anyway, thanks again for the help.

Robbie

?

Any info about these characters?

Quote by Styx View Post
    Any info about these characters?
    Not very much. It's a wartime photograph. The bridegroom is a Waffen-SS NCO ranked Unterscharführer (note collar patches and shoulder boards); the other man is an officer (note cap cords and belt).

For those that have not seen this Before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS photographs  

?

?

Good eye Patrick. However, the paper shown in the Ebay auction is okay. It is period paper from what I can see. It is always a red flag when you see your photos on Ebay, but in this case....I am assuming that there was more than 1 copy when printed. So as long as Robbie's photo is on period paper, I think it is okay. Alot of family and group photos were printed in doubles.
    (most likely it is on the same exact paper too, as they were probly printed together)

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast