Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Post your SS photographs

Article about: 100% orginal sale auschwitz please bid

Default Re: Post your SS photographs

Here is the only one I have

Nice couple and he has a Wiking cuffband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS photographs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS photographs
    P
    Many

?

That's an excellent one! I love photos which show all of the insignia; if you look back through this thread there was an excellent Wiking photo I was going to go for but sadly it went out of my price range. At the moment I'm eager to find a photo as good as this one, but, then again, aren't we all

Robbie

?

Actually, whilst I'm here - I was looking over old photos of mine and I've been trying to work out where this picture was taken, and what it's showing. I can see a large eagle podium thingy in the background, some pillared buildings, some sort of large monument, banners... I'd imagine that most of Nazi Germany would be adorned with banners, though. Does anyone have any clue what occasion would call for hundreds of SS men to gather, and where they might be doing it?

Thanks!

Robbie

Robbie, the LSSAH photo is just outstanding !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Isn't it!! That's got to be my dream photograph. It shows both sides of the DD helmet, the armband, all the uniform, equipment... ONE DAY I will find one like that. One day...

Robbie

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Robbie, the LSSAH photo is just outstanding !!

Nick
    It is indeed.
    Poor sod to the left looks intimidated.

Quote by Scout View Post
    It is indeed.
    Poor sod to the left looks intimidated.
    The guy to the right should keep his eyes front or he will be next for a rollocking!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great minds think alike
    That he was next for a butt chewing was my initial thought too, but then if you look down the row of soldiers, it doesnt look like they stand at attention.
    Some are looking straight ahead, some to the right.
    Some how, I dont think that would be the case within the ranks of the LSSAH, had they been at attention.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Great minds think alike
    That he was next for a butt chewing was my initial thought too, but then if you look down the row of soldiers, it doesnt look like they stand at attention.
    Some are looking straight ahead, some to the right.
    Some how, I dont think that would be the case within the ranks of the LSSAH, had they been at attention.
    Yes, I think they are at ease , particularly with their rifles in that postition

Nick

Quote by Styx View Post
    I was looking over old photos of mine and I've been trying to work out where this picture was taken, and what it's showing. I can see a large eagle podium thingy in the background, some pillared buildings, some sort of large monument, banners... I'd imagine that most of Nazi Germany would be adorned with banners, though. Does anyone have any clue what occasion would call for hundreds of SS men to gather, and where they might be doing it?
    The SS men are of the 80th SS-Standarte, which was headquartered at Berlin.
    The background is rather blurry, but unless I am much mistaken, the photo was taken at the Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin, with the monument in the backround being the memorial to emperor Frederick the Great.

Compare with these images:

Reiterstandbild Friedrichs des Großen - Wikimedia Commons
    Berlin-Mitte, Unter den Linden, 1937 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Berlin-Mitte, Unter den Linden, 1937 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Berlin, Germany, 1937, Unter Den Linden. - Yad Vashem Photo Archive

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast