Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Post your SS photographs

Article about: 100% orginal sale auschwitz please bid

?

Default Re: Post your SS photographs

Quote by Styx View Post
    That's a brilliant image! I love pictures which show the whole uniform and to have a photo of such unusual collar tabs is a treat indeed. Thanks for posting!

I have a few new pick ups I'm currently waiting for, here are the internet versions of the images: Attachment 355194Attachment 355195Attachment 355196Attachment 355197

Robbie
    Robbie i really don't like the look of these where did you buy them ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS photographs
    P
    Many

?

Hi Paul - they were eBay, although the last one (of the camo helmeted soldiers) is a different seller. They say there are stamps on most of the pictures' reverses - I'll post them when they arrive, along with clearer images of the photos themselves, but if they're proven fake I'll ask for a refund. What red flags have you seen, out of interest?

Robbie

?

Hi Robbie they look like typical Russian archive fakes , the Yellowish hue to the paper and border is usually a giveaway , they are usually sexy SS , RKT or Tank photo. Have you checked out out thread on how to id fake photos and the list of E bay sellers who are known to pedal fakes !!

Who is the dealer you have got them from ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

I haven't seen the thread, no - I didn't realise that photos were faked to such an extent, my mistake I suppose. The eBay seller's name is mcumlout . What do you think I should do? Are they definitely fake? If so, how do you think I can go about getting a refund when they haven't even been sent out yet?

Robbie

?

Quote by Styx View Post
    I haven't seen the thread, no - I didn't realise that photos were faked to such an extent, my mistake I suppose. The eBay seller's name is mcumlout . What do you think I should do? Are they definitely fake? If so, how do you think I can go about getting a refund when they haven't even been sent out yet?

Robbie
    His description says it all "" We recently bought a large collection of photographs depicting World War II, most of them are German related, the collection comes from a deceased collector, most of the photographs came (as we think) from a East European archive or collection as most of the photographs has a stamp and number at the back ""

Some of them are well known images i've seen before !! One of the best ways to tell like many items in Miltaria is to look at the rear of the photo , which i notice he hasn't posted as quite often they will give the fake away , ask him to send you some of the stamp and number on the back !!

- - Updated - -

Have a look here !

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german-photographs-postcards/assistance-iding-fake-photographs-154916/

Again with photos as with other militaria SS ones are the most heavily faked !!

1st July 1916

?

I've sent him a message now. One way or another it's only been four days since the sale, he hasn't sent them yet and returns are accepted so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. Thanks for letting me know, Paul!

Robbie

?

I've always quite liked these photos with wives/girlfriends on the basis that when these were taken, the guys were usially smartly dressed with all their awards on display and trying to look their best.
    Here's quite a rare one, with the SS-Feldgendarmerie cuffband being worn by a combat vet with the Infantry Assault Badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your SS photographs 

a couple of SS Generals and other officers with armour in the back.

any of you tank guys know what this one is?

also, anyone want to speculate as to the ID of the general in the center? i think i have an idea, but i don't want to speculate.
    well... i mean could that be Sepp Dietrich? the nose and ears look right. and Dietrich was 5'6" tall. and this guy is clearly shorter in stature than everyone else in the group.

Post your SS photographs

and sorry. this is the entire image. i can't figure this scanner out. i am having real trouble with it picking up the borders.

here's the back ( i can't read some of this. names perhaps? )

Post your SS photographs
    Last edited by tempelhof; 06-08-2012 at 03:24 AM.

a nice portrait with numbered collar tab.
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-03-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: watermark request

portrait from the personal collection of SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer Herman Ahlbrecht of the SS Hauptamt.
    NSDAP# 48 452
    SS# 16 576
    born 04/11/1891
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-03-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: watermark requested

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast