Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Post your SS photographs

Article about: 100% orginal sale auschwitz please bid

?

Default Re: Post your SS photographs

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    a couple of SS Generals and other officers with armour in the back.

any of you tank guys know what this one is?

also, anyone want to speculate as to the ID of the general in the center? i think i have an idea, but i don't want to speculate.
    well... i mean could that be Sepp Dietrich? the nose and ears look right. and Dietrich was 5'6" tall. and this guy is clearly shorter in stature than everyone else in the group.

here's the back ( i can't read some of this. names perhaps? )

Attachment 356974
    The tank in the background is a short barrelled Panzer Mk III quite possibly a command tank given the number of senior ranks gathered around.

The writing on the back is "IVa u. Abt. Kdr. / Weiss u. Hansen". Pity several seem to have their backs to the camera, but Max Hansen was a Battalion commander with SS-Panzergrenadier Regt 1 - could refer to him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS photographs
    P
    Many

?

Can't see that Dietrich is in this photo and i'm sure if others are named he would be if he was in the photo and none of them look like Max Hansen even in profile unless as Redcap says he is one of the ones with his back fully to the camera !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thank you, Redcap. i could never read that first line.

i was aware that the bottom line was probably names, and i know what these guys look like if i have the right "Weiss" and "Hansen", i can't see anyone who remotely looks like the "Weiss" i came up with. but there are more than one of them.

as to Hansen, like PaulE, i don't really see him.

i try reasonably hard to ID as many as i can in my photos, but this one is something of a stumper to me.

Paul E... thanks also to you for taking a look.

OK guys... another.

Four SS in a group photograph with Hitler Youth. Don't ask me...
    However, they appear not to be in HJ uniform of course. They appear to be wearing SS uniform, without insignia (with the exception of those on the overseas caps), although they are wearing HJ armbands.

At any rate, I love the composition of this shot. It seems like in setting the shot up, these guys in front seem almost narcissistic.

Damage to the lower left corner. But some photographs you just have to have.

Attachment 357148
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your SS photographs 
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-29-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Watermark Protection Requested

The HJ appear to be early recruits of the 12.SS-Pz.Div."Hitlerjugend", I could be wrong though.

A nice photo anyway

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    The HJ appear to be early recruits of the 12.SS-Pz.Div."Hitlerjugend", I could be wrong though.

A nice photo anyway
    Indeed they do !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Great to put a photo up and get some new knowledge about the thing.

I really had not thought of that although it seems like I should have!

Nice.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Great to put a photo up and get some new knowledge about the thing.

I really had not thought of that although it seems like I should have!
    I wonder if that was taken at Bad Tolz !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

OK guys... another.

Four SS in a group photograph with Hitler Youth. Don't ask me...
    However, they appear not to be in HJ uniform of course. They appear to be wearing SS uniform, without insignia (with the exception of those on the overseas caps), although they are wearing HJ armbands.

At any rate, I love the composition of this shot. It seems like in setting the shot up, these guys in front seem almost narcissistic.

Damage to the lower left corner. But some photographs you just have to have.

Attachment 357148
    An interesting photo , the Untersturmfuhrer and the NCO's are not the most highly decorated and most of the cadre brought in to train the HJ Divison were long time combat veterans from the LAH , they were specially selected to provide the training and the experienced combat and tactical core of all the units in the HJ Division . The Unterschar on the right also appears to be wearing a Germania cuff title , the guy on the left i just can't make it out but it could be Der Fuhrer , ceratinly not LAH.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello Paul E,

thank you for your comments.

looking here at the original under magnification, the Unterscharfuehrer to the right indeed does appear to be wearing the Germania cuff title. the guy on the left is indeed wearing the Der Fuehrer cuff title. the "Der" is pretty clear from the original.

and indeed, the awards are sparse. there appear to be a black wound badge and a silver between them.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast