Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Postcards and other Postal Items

Article about: At the request of Mr. Baecker, here are the postcards and other mail items. Opinions? Front and Back on pics. Thanks Mike

Default Postcards and other Postal Items

At the request of Mr. Baecker, here are the postcards and other mail items.
    Opinions? Front and Back on pics.

Thanks Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postcards and other Postal Items  
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 07-21-2011 at 04:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postcards and other Postal Items
    P
    Many

Default Re: Postcards and other Postal Items

Hi Mike, thanks for posting these!

I have no knowledge of such items, so all I can tell you is, that except faily common postcards and part of an DAF workbook you have a number of postal delivery receipts on which the receiver had to sign upon delivery. I'm afraid they might not be of much value. However, of some interest is the card for some dringendes Rüstungsgut (urgent war materials) to the VDM-Luftfahrtwerke (VDM Aviation Factories). The ink stamps on the postcards might be something special that makes them more desirable than plain cards. But again, I know nothing about those and you will have to wait for a more knowledgeable member who can surely tell you more about them.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Cheers, MB.

Quote by Baecker View Post
    Hi Mike, thanks for posting these!

I have no knowledge of such items, so all I can tell you is, that except faily common postcards and part of an DAF workbook you have a number of postal delivery receipts on which the receiver had to sign upon delivery. I'm afraid they might not be of much value. However, of some interest is the card for some dringendes Rüstungsgut (urgent war materials) to the VDM-Luftfahrtwerke (VDM Aviation Factories). The ink stamps on the postcards might be something special that makes them more desirable than plain cards. But again, I know nothing about those and you will have to wait for a more knowledgeable member who can surely tell you more about them.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Cheers, MB.
    Thanks! BTW I only paid $ for the whole lot, I have no idea what they are except the post cards thats a given. I thought the Hitler post cards might be worth something. Since I don't read German....If someone wants to see a more detailed look at one, please let me know.

Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 07-21-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Hallo Mike
    first is
    Paketkarte Bedarfsbeleg
    section for a package deliverer
    interesting because equipment suppliers !!
    ( 2 marks is rare ?)

I even collect only Feldpost

Quote by sSterbebild View Post
    Hallo Mike
    first is
    Paketkarte Bedarfsbeleg
    section for a package deliverer
    interesting because equipment suppliers !!
    ( 2 marks is rare ?)

I even collect only Feldpost
    Thanks these are all I have, they just kind of fell in my lap, so I took them..

Mike

The Hitler postcards are worth about 25.00 each the other items I am not familiar with looks like it was cut off a package or something.Still worth at least 10.00 dollars each.

Quote by operaman View Post
    The Hitler postcards are worth about 25.00 each the other items I am not familiar with looks like it was cut off a package or something.Still worth at least 10.00 dollars each.
    Ok ok, you made me talk....I paid $ for the whole lot...are the ink stamps worth collecting?

Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 07-22-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Yes postmarks and cancellations are very collectible,but be aware there are thousands and thousands of them.Postmarks that are on certain postcards match For instance a postcard issued for the 1936 Nuremberg Rally should have a matching postmark cancellation,with a date stamp as well.Check out the postcards that I have posted under postcards and stamps forum on this site

Quote by operaman View Post
    Yes postmarks and cancellations are very collectible,but be aware there are thousands and thousands of them.Postmarks that are on certain postcards match For instance a postcard issued for the 1936 Nuremberg Rally should have a matching postmark cancellation,with a date stamp as well.Check out the postcards that I have posted under postcards and stamps forum on this site
    I will ....... thanks for the input!

Mike