MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

RAD female volunteer

Article about: Guys, Some photos of a girl and her mates. The other uniform she is waering is a mystery to me but I thought tram conductress or something like that as she is pictured with a change dispence

Default RAD female volunteer

Guys,

Some photos of a girl and her mates.

The other uniform she is waering is a mystery to me but I thought tram conductress or something like that as she is pictured with a change dispencer in one of the photos?

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD female volunteer   RAD female volunteer  

RAD female volunteer   RAD female volunteer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD female volunteer
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD female volunteer

Very photogenic frauleins Jock. Once again, great history ops. Just like the papers you showed, it's interesting to see what was going on inside Germany during the war.

Jay

Quote by jock auld View Post
    The other uniform she is waering is a mystery to me but I thought tram conductress or something like that as she is pictured with a change dispencer in one of the photos?
    I agree.
    Apart from the uniform's general design and the cash dispenser, the cap badge looks like it could be the standard design used by tram services (a winged wheel with bundles of lightning bolts on both sides at the bottom and a swastika-within-a-cogwheel on top).
    Furthermore, many RADwJ members served with the public transportation services when on wartime auxiliary service (Kriegshilfsdienst). It also looks like she is wearing the special Kriegshilfsdienst badge on her lapel in some of the photographs. (For example see WW2 militaria collectors-War relics forum. Uniforms, Guns, helmets, battlefield archaeology - 2nd image from left in the top row.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I agree.
    Apart from the uniform's general design and the cash dispenser, the cap badge looks like it could be the standard design used by tram services (a winged wheel with bundles of lightning bolts on both sides at the bottom and a swastika-within-a-cogwheel on top).
    Furthermore, many RADwJ members served with the public transportation services when on wartime auxiliary service (Kriegshilfsdienst). It also looks like she is wearing the special Kriegshilfsdienst badge on her lapel in some of the photographs. (For example see WW2 militaria collectors-War relics forum. Uniforms, Guns, helmets, battlefield archaeology - 2nd image from left in the top row.)
    Thanks for the steer, I will see what I can find out.

Jock