Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recently found TR photo's.

Article about: Hi Guys, Just found these on the Daily Telegraph website. I thought they would be of interest to some of you. Unseen photographs reveal the private life of Adolf Hitler - Telegraph Regards,

Default Recently found TR photo's.

Hi Guys,

Just found these on the Daily Telegraph website. I thought they would be of interest to some of you.

Unseen photographs reveal the private life of Adolf Hitler - Telegraph

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recently found TR photo's.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recently found TR photo's.

Hi Ned,

Amazing!

!!!Thank you!!!

Wonderful images. We so infrequently encounter photos in color from this era. The first picture is definitley from Reichparteitag in Nurnburg. The date of 1938 is certainly incorrect as all of the SA men are still retaining the 1929 pattern eagle on their kepis.
    The writer does not relate whether the pictures went home with an American serviceman or were left behind and once again hidden by Hitler's photographer. I wonder why the writer did not give the name of the publication so interested parties could buy a copy. Well it is the press and I guess it would be asking too much for them to get it all correct. Nice post.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

[QUOTE=BOB COLEMAN;68572]Wonderful images. We so infrequently encounter photos in color from this era. The first picture is definitley from Reichparteitag in Nurnburg. The date of 1938 is certainly incorrect as all of the SA men are still retaining the 1929 pattern eagle on their kepis.
    The writer does not relate whether the pictures went home with an American serviceman or were left behind and once again hidden by Hitler's photographer. I wonder why the writer did not give the name of the publication so interested parties could buy a copy. Well it is the press and I guess it would be asking too much for them to get it all correct. Nice post.

Hi Bob,

If you go back to the article, notice, just to the right of the photo, a tag line that says;'Related Articles - Unseen Hitler Photo's'. Click on that to get a fuller account of the history behind the pictures and their being owned by LIFE.com. I don't know if you can buy copies i'm afraid, but it's worth a try.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.