Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Show us your game face!!!

Article about: I could go on for ages on this. Last one from me and I hope I'm not over stepping the boundary with this shot. It is a well known picture

Default Re: Show us your game face!!!

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    In football game face is like your inner emotions and focus being shown in your facial expression, most captions of a game face are caught when the person least expects there to be a camera in front of them, there concentrating, the emotions are running high and they are unspoken, even though there expression can most likely tell you what that person is feeling or thinking. noooow if you really want to be inside someones head you throw them for a loop with your game face, and as you line up across from them on the line of scrimmage you start to smile very gently even though your a ragging bull full of emotion and they start to look around as if they feel un-easy because of your obscure expression, it then in turns make them think you may be mentally damaged and intimidates them when such a hardend athelete in such a physical game making an expression so off the track and weird is in the game and ready to play making you unpredictable, then the other person across from you would rather line up somewhere else and probably forgets the snap count or even his assignment on the given play.
    Meanwhile, real men play rugby....... Fran Cotton, Lions tour 1977.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show us your game face!!!  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show us your game face!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think it says Bereit fur Europa gegen die (hamellangen zions?), Ready for Europe against the (??). Maybe something antisemitic from the 'zion' part.
    Bereit für Europa gegen die Handlanger Zions
    (Ready for Europe against the henchmen of Zion)

Show us your game face!!!Show us your game face!!!

"Soldier-Boy´s" ...

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Meanwhile, real men play rugby....... Fran Cotton, Lions tour 1977.
    Ahh, but do they have the Haka!

The epitome of 'game face' .....literally!

All Black Haka 2010 New Zealand Rugby - YouTube

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Great job. You've actually managed to NOT show the faces of not only one, but four soldiers in a 'Show me your game face' thread!

JUST KIDDING!
    Nice comment. Thank you, i feel so much better now.

Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer in Normandy. The fella behind him has got his Game Face on too!
    Attached Images Attached Images Show us your game face!!! 

?

I always thought this guy had THE 'game face.' Maybe its just because, Ive read about him, that I believe so.
    Anyway, a very determined person - his later 'exploits' notwithstanding.
    Sadly, these later exploits overshadow the fact, that he was the finest cavalry commander of his era - perhaps of all time.

NB I heartily recommend Jack Hurst's most excellent book.

Here is another person with either a game face.....or a permanent scowl.....!

Again, a very determined person in the face of overwhelming odds. What can I say but.....PECANS!!

As this is in the German section of the forum, Id better include this bloke (though he is in the winter attire of a different nation here). Again, a person whose memory had been badly tainted in his native country.
    Not a great tactician by any stretch of the imagination (a fact, which also caused his downfall), but a soldier of some courage like many others on both sides of that huge conflict.
    The furrowed brow shown here is the expression most often seen in pics of him. He looks very haughty, but then with one homeland taken over by his most bitter enemy and his new country, to which his family relocated, overrun in a matter of hours where upon he chose to fight for said occupation force - who wouldnt look slightly miffed!!

?

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer in Normandy. The fella behind him has got his Game Face on too!
    Wow, maybe the most fierce pic of 'Panzer Meyer!'
    Well chosen.
    Most certainly NOT a guy you'd want to challenge to a fist fight in the local 'bierstube!'
    I've seen USMC mascots looking more mellow than him!!

?

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Russia July 1941 in the Uman pocket !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Without wanting to be too pedantic people this is the GERMAN photos area !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast