Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS female aux.

Article about: Here is a picture i just picked up off a very reputable photo dealer. He says it is 100% original. I have lots of original photos, and not all have crisp developing, i know that the processe

?

Default SS female aux.

Here is a picture i just picked up off a very reputable photo dealer. He says it is 100% original. I have lots of original photos, and not all have crisp developing, i know that the processes during WW2 for developing were crude considering today's standards , some are grainy, blurry, over exposed, etc ....... also not all original photos are maker marked on the paper. ...... my concerns are that this could be a copy, there is no maker mark, and the image is grainy, similar to a copy, but the texture and paper consistency say original, just poorly developed. It even smells old, like old photos should. i do not have a UV light , mine blew.... so i am asking for opinions, or if this image has been seen before in a book, etc. I do not believe the dealer would ever sell a known fake or reprint . So please help !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS female aux.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS female aux.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS female aux.

All I can say is it is not a photo I have seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Again, not an image that I have seen before. The woman in question does have quite strong facial features, yet whilst some images I have tried to match this one to do bear similarities, she seems older than those I have tried to match her up with. Hopefully, somebody can help...

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 03-25-2017 at 10:02 PM.

?

An interesting photo Josh , due to the age of the SS Men in the shot with the , the collar tabs , lack of combat awards etc i believe this may be a photo from a recreational area from one of the camps !!Those with better knowledge of this topic may be able to give information as to whcih one. Is the cuff title any clearer on the original ?

As to the originality of the photo it isn't the usual type of photo that is faked but that doesn't mean it isn't of course especially if it is a Camp photo and it is probably easier to give a judgement with this one in hand or via Blacklight as to the period of the paper , certainly if the seller is a knowledgable trusted one that is a good starting point , who was the seller ?

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings