Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS - GERMANIA Wedding

Article about: I just couldn't stop looking at these images and had to buy them! So much to see! An SS wedding ceremony, SS awards and insignia, BDM girls etc etc Such a handsome couple too! I hope you enj

?

Loads of history and tragic events - told and untold - branches out from a few simple pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - GERMANIA Wedding
    P
    Many

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Found details on his brother who sadly didn't survive the war
    Nachname(Last Name): Nürge
    Vorname(First Name): Heinrich
    Dienstgrad(grade): Unteroffizier
    Geburtsdatum(DOB): 09.07.1910
    Geburtsort(birthplace): Jeinsen
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum(death/missing):18.10.1944
    Todes-/Vermisstenort(area): Makejewka,KGL 280

Nick
    I wonder if his brother is in the photo's you have? There is a chap who looks very much like the groom and is also about the right age. I suppose he could have been on leave and was killed just over a month later when back with his unit, who knows??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Edit*

I am talking rubbish !!!

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 12-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by big ned View Post
    I wonder if his brother is in the photo's you have? There is a chap who looks very much like the groom and is also about the right age. I suppose he could have been on leave and was killed just over a month later when back with his unit, who knows??
    Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Yes Ned a strong possibility looking at the photo of the guy you refer to! That would have been even more tragic to fall in the last few months of the war
    No; we can rule out that Heinrich is in the wedding photographs, as he was already dead by then:

Erich Nürge and Anni Schmidt announced their engagement on 9 September 1944 (that's the first card in post # 1) and got married on 20 January 1945 (the second card in post # 1).

According to Nick's data, Heinrich Nürge died in a Soviet POW camp [KGL = Kriegsgefangenenlager] on 18 October 1944.

(On a side note, if his rank was Unteroffizier, he was with the Heer or Luftwaffe, whereas the soldiers in the wedding photos are members of the Waffen-SS. Still, like I said, he could not possibly be in these photographs anyway.)

?

HPL2008 You are amazing !! Gwar

Sorry for being a dummy chaps, I took the engagement date as that of the wedding without even bothering to translate the card....Doh!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Sorry for being a dummy chaps, I took the engagement date as that of the wedding without even bothering to translate the card....Doh!
    Lost my focus thanks to the Boxing Day Sherry !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4