Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS/Polizei Postcards

Article about: Gents, This certainly is not my wheelhouse but traveling around my area has produced an interesting haul. I was able to purchase the following three postcards and now have a total of 4 items

Default SS/Polizei Postcards

Gents,

This certainly is not my wheelhouse but traveling around my area has produced an interesting haul. I was able to purchase the following three postcards and now have a total of 4 items in my collection pertaining to the SS.

I apologize for I cannot go into a prolonged discussion for I'm a "fish out of water" with these. I look forward to hearing more about them.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/Polizei Postcards   SS/Polizei Postcards  

SS/Polizei Postcards   SS/Polizei Postcards  

SS/Polizei Postcards   SS/Polizei Postcards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/Polizei Postcards
    P
    Many

?

Very nice. But I am confused. The polizei one is normally in colour I think, unless this is a variation?

Jb4046,
    I'm not sure if there is a black and white variant? The paper on three of three seems period correct. I need the experts to chime in to be certain.
    Last edited by buellmeister; 08-06-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Just curious... I rarely take a leap of faith with making a purchase on something that I cannot verify as to being 100% authentic. Especially in the unchartered waters of SS memorabilia. I have made a cardinal rule error in not verifying the item's authenticity prior to purchase. However, I am assured of a 100% refund which absolutely puts my mind at ease. (Still, there is no excuse for my lack of judgement in not having our experts within this fine forum validate their authenticity prior to purchase)

So, the bottom line is, is there anything else I can do to determine if they are all pre-1945 manufacture?

Thank you again and lesson learned.

Joel

?

Can’t you use the blacklight test to help show that it does have some age to it?

Or does that only work on cloth?

Edit- thats what i meant but what they are normally in colour

SS/Polizei Postcards

I've encountered these on a couple of occasions in colour. Here's one currently being sold on Lakeside Trader:

SS/Polizei Postcards

It's not far fetched at all to imagine a black and white variant existing. Perhaps it was printed by a different company, or was simply an economic measure.

Regards, B.B.

Gents,

Both a great question and possible scenario. Thank you.

?

How thick is the card used for it? I dont mean for you to measure it but does it seem quite frail?

Jb4046,

A certainly valid question. It seems to be a legitimate postcard stock paper this has yellowed. There is a very slight gloss to the obverse as well.

?

Hmmm using that with information on other threads

Polizei/SS Postkarte

SS SD Postcard

It seems usually they were frail and made on thin paper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast