Circuit advertisement SS Postcard help
    P
    Many

not a lot.lol

?

Picture might help

SS Postcard helpSS Postcard helpsorry added

?

I can read German, however I cannot read that handwriting.

It is the normal greetings of a young SS soldier, Adolf Weinmueller, to acquaintances in the family Gustaf Walden, the grounds keeper of a noble estate , Schloss Ennsegg, in Enns in upper Austria.

The young SS soldier was posted to the SS Kommando, 14th company, Salza, Harz, which is interpreted by my very able and learned colleague.

?

It appears to be an example of SS-Feldpost from a camp within the KZ-Mittelbau-Dora system. The Stammlager (main camp) Mittelbau-Dora, was initially established as a satellite of the Buchenwald camp - one of over a hundred such sites. Mittelbau, being a sub-camp of Buchenwald, came under the administration of the main camp - hence the Buchenwald marking on the card. The camps within the Mittelbau-Dora system generally used false names to hide their location - or often, an abbreviation was used, such as "D" for "Dora". This was due to the nature of the forced labour being performed within the arms production facilities, i.e. the "V-Weapons" manufacturing etc. The Harz Mountains village named Salza, marked on the postal example shown, lies close to the main camp's location. Regarding the content, I believe it begins with greetings sent to the recipient, afterwhich I cannot assist but I am sure somebody else will be able to read more than I. More information on the Mittelbau-Dora site can be found within the thread linked below:

KL-Mittelbau-Dora

Regards,

Carl

Update, thanks to F-B for assistance with the content.

SS Postcard helpSchloss Ennsegg more recently, with a pleasing resident. She probably does not read Suetterlin and knows little about what we are analyzing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/En...cdc267c8a1779f

and as colleague Carl points out, across the Danube from Enns is the Mauthausen camp.

I did not at first see the Buchenwald post mark.

In any case, a left over from an unhappy and brutal time.

SS Postcard helpSS Postcard helpSS Postcard helpMaybe Schloss Ennsegg is stuffed to the rafters with piles of old Nazi relics?

- - ------- - -

SS Postcard helpbut, more likely not. It appears to be a locale for art exhibits with fetching vimmin without foot wear. Gut so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast