Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS soldier photo help

Article about: Anyone here good at photoshop? I have this photo that I would like to print and display, as I own the mans helmet, but I only have this cropped portrait which doesn't come out all that well

Default SS soldier photo help

Anyone here good at photoshop? I have this photo that I would like to print and display, as I own the mans helmet, but I only have this cropped portrait which doesn't come out all that well in its current state... either help with colorization or doing something to make it appear less brutally cropped would be most appreciated.

I have seen some amazing photoshop work posted here over the years and would be in debt to anyone that can help out

SS soldier photo help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS soldier photo help
    P
    Many

All I can do is crop the top, alter the exposure - which smooths
    out the scan lines - and then get rid of most of the creases.
    From here, it can be made into a colour pic.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS soldier photo help  
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you, Steve --- already an improvement! I think this is probably a scan of some older xeroxed source/lower quality source but it's all I've got. Other than the quality I guess the worst thing is that the top of his head is cropped out, it just makes it look that much more unnatural and messed with as a portrait.

If anyone wants to have a go at colorizing or any other imaginative tinkering, be my guest--- go crazy

bumping this to see if anyone can help build on what's already been done ---

I've posted your pic on the thread below. Bill has done
    fabulous work colourizing photos.........!

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    Regards,

Steve.

Bill hasn't been on line for over 1 1/2 years so, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Maybe one of the other members that were doing this as well might be interested enough to do it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hey, worth a shot anyway --- thanks, Steve! I knew there was a thread somewhere but couldn't locate it...

Ralph; yes --- it's open for any and all to have a go

I did not notice that Bill had been inactive for so long !

There was another member who had responded to
    Bill's thread who was into colouring pics as well,
    so maybe he will see it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I can try and colorise it. I have done this a few times before.

Go crazy